• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Help! How to change trainer sprites?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2014
    Hey guys im new to the whole hacking rom thing, iv played tons but never made one. im working on one now and im not to go at it. what I want to do is make the choose not are you a boy or girl but are you red(ash) or blue(green, gary). I want it to be if you choose blue then red becomes the rival. how can I do that?
    WANT TO KNOW:
    -How to change it where the choose is between red or blue; not boy or girl.
    -How to make it where if you choose blue; then red's sprite becomes the rival (oaks grandson)
    -Also need in battle sprites to show you as red or blue; and in battle to show rival as red or blue

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    You can do this using an overworld sprite editor to change red's character animations to rival which I imagine you'd have to design from scratch. For the backsprite you'd have to find one online or design one yourself and insert it using unLZ.gba

Back