• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HELP!! I NEED HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    I AM IN NEED OF ALOT OF HELP! I AM TRYING TO BREED SHINYS USING THE MASUDA METHOD! 26 EGGS AND NO LUCK! tips ? ^_^ storys? anything that will help

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
  • The shiny gene is carried in male pokemon. If your shiny pokemon is male, it might increase your chances of getting a shiny baby pokemon from the female. Other than that, really all the advice I can give is just don't give up, keep trying. It takes forever to get shinies, even by the Masuda method.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • The shiny gene is carried in male pokemon. If your shiny pokemon is male, it might increase your chances of getting a shiny baby pokemon from the female. Other than that, really all the advice I can give is just don't give up, keep trying. It takes forever to get shinies, even by the Masuda method.
    ...What? The parents being shiny has no effect. The Masuda method is when you breed using two Pokemon from different nations.

Anyway, if you expected a shiny before 26 eggs, you should probably stop right now, because the chances of getting a shiny even with the Masuda method is 100 times smaller than 1 in 26.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Yeah...I'd try asking for help when you reach 2600 eggs, not 26. You're still looking at a 1/2048 chance of hatching a shiny egg.

The shiny gene is carried in male pokemon. If your shiny pokemon is male, it might increase your chances of getting a shiny baby pokemon from the female. Other than that, really all the advice I can give is just don't give up, keep trying. It takes forever to get shinies, even by the Masuda method.

Like JakeyBoy said, this is incorrect. Shiny parents don't increase the chance of hatching a shiny. To clarify, there's no way to pass on the "shiny gene" from one parent to the other. Gender, nature, ability and IVs are the only things that are possible to pass on to the offspring; the latter three are determined when the egg is given to you, and the former are determined when it hatches (iirc).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    thanx for all the help, but does anyone have any storys on how u did it?????

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
  • I'm so sorry....I gave incorrect information.... T_T

I know exactly what the Masuda method is, I was only trying to help but I screwed up, I'm sorry. Everyone else is right. I don't mean to be inaccurate! I think I might have been mixed up with something way back from generation 2 or something...ugh.

Last edited:

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • That is likely. I read that in Gen 2 if one of the parents is shiny, there is a 1 in 64 chance of the egg hatching a shiny. It must have to do with inherited IVs, seeing they are the factor that decides shininess back then.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • thanx for all the help, but does anyone have any storys on how u did it?????
    The most anyone can tell you is to probably just keep on breeding. There is nothing more to it. Hatching a shiny is based purely on luck (unless you cheat =P) and even with the Masuda Method, it is still based on luck. It lowers your chances, but it doesn't lower it enough to where hatching a shiny is completely common.

Anyway, having said that, I'd say this has been pretty much answered. If you do have any further questions on HG/SS or on the Masuda Method, please use the HG/SS Help Thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back