• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help in adding New Moves using DPE and CFRU

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    I am trying to insert new attacks after Dragon Energy and before the Z-Moves. I repointed them correctly as you can see for both their name strings and their defines, and I even repointed the Z-Moves and Max Moves to be after the non Z-moves I put. When I add the custom move to a learnset it shows up correctly on the pokemon menu and even on the battle menu, and even shows the correct animation, but when I use the move in battle it says <POKEMON> used Breakneck Blitz. I added the move description and battle abilities using G3T's move editor. I also tried removing the Z-Moves from the defines and the strings, but it didn't make a difference.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Maybe a dumb question, but did you also write the code for the new move's effect in the battle_moves.c file?

Nissan101

Pokémon Professor
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Edit: Fix this issue, look below this post to see the fix.

I'm having the same issue, if anyone knows a way to fix this, please let me know

Last edited:

Nissan101

Pokémon Professor
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    I am trying to insert new attacks after Dragon Energy and before the Z-Moves. I repointed them correctly as you can see for both their name strings and their defines, and I even repointed the Z-Moves and Max Moves to be after the non Z-moves I put. When I add the custom move to a learnset it shows up correctly on the pokemon menu and even on the battle menu, and even shows the correct animation, but when I use the move in battle it says <POKEMON> used Breakneck Blitz. I added the move description and battle abilities using G3T's move editor. I also tried removing the Z-Moves from the defines and the strings, but it didn't make a difference.

Hey, I figured out how to fix this issue! What you what to do is use "python scripts//clean.py" before running "python scripts//make.py" for both DPE & CFRU. Also, make sure that the names for the moves are consistent between both "moves.h". Hope this helps!

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    Thank you so much! I'm currently using an emerald rom base for my current hack, but once im finished with it, I'll definately use CFRU now that I know this!

Nissan101

Pokémon Professor
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Hey no problem, I'm glad I could help! Hope what you've been working on goes well!

Back