• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help me get this off my mind :)

Would breeding two hacked pokemon result in a regular baby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ria

Minx Extraordinaire
    Years
    I hope this is where this belongs ^.^' It regards pokemon advance generation games and I couldn't find exactly where to ask this. XD

Okay, a question popped into my mind yesterday and I ended up discussing it with some friends for about twenty minutes and we couldn't reach a satisfying conclusion so I thought I checked what people around here would think about it. :)

Here goes:

Imagine a pokemon (any pokemon, really) and then hack the living daylights out of it! I mean, really, knock yourselves out: hack the pokemon into the game, hack its stats, level , IVs, EVs, make it shiny, basically hack EVERYTHING about it that can possibly be hacked.

Now, take your imaginary, hacked pokemon and breed it (to make it interesting, breed it with an equally hacked pokemon of the opposite gender).

My question is this: Would the resulting baby also count as hacked, or would it be a regular baby pokemon?

What do you guys think? I'm stomped, personally. :-/

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
    If both its parents are hacked, and the game/program thinks your breeding normally, it will turn out a normal baby pokemon.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I don't think the baby would count as hacked. Even if both parents are hacked and shizzle, the breeding has still been done in a completely legitimate way, meaning the game should consider the baby completely normal. Of course you'll have 3 perfect IVs on the baby, but no one can prove you cheated to get them because the game doesn't (or at least I think it doesn't. O.O) store the information of the baby's parents after it has hatched. However, having 3 perfect IVs (which would be inevitable because both parents would have perfect IVs in all stats and 3 IVs are passed on to the baby from its parents.) is very suspicious indeed. To answer your question shortly: technically, yes, the baby would be completely normal because the two hacked Pokémon were bred just like any normal Pokémon. I accidentally voted on technically, no, though. <.<

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Eh, yeah...I agree with the above. Although chances are that if you hacked the pokemon clumsily then their IV values might be funky...which could result in a bad egg that crashes the game and corrupts the save file instead of hatching. Of course we're just talking about this in the hypothetical sense, right? If the hacker is competent then yes, I do believe that things should work...as long as there aren't any over 31 IVs or other silly things to mess it up. 'course I would never hack a game so I wouldn't know. *Saintly smile*

Back