• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] help me solve this firered problem

Years
    I am a beginner to hacking. I am working on my first hack on fire red. I made a event on fire red using advanced map & xse. its a like a legendary type of encounter of dragonite in navel rock replacing ho oh. the event worked perfectly. but in advanced map event there is no picture for dragonite. so I have to use the picture of ho oh. the map shows ho oh. but when u engage the battle dragonite shows up. how to add a dragonite picture on advanced map? pls help me solve this

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
    I am a beginner to hacking. I am working on my first hack on fire red. I made a event on fire red using advanced map & xse. its a like a legendary type of encounter of dragonite in navel rock replacing ho oh. the event worked perfectly. but in advanced map event there is no picture for dragonite. so I have to use the picture of ho oh. the map shows ho oh. but when u engage the battle dragonite shows up. how to add a dragonite picture on advanced map? pls help me solve this

you'll have to change the overworld using nse to dragonite

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years

You have to edit an OW or insert a custom Dragonite OW in NSE/OWRE on your FireRed ROM.

Some Helpful Links:
    NSE Thread
    OW Inserting

Years
    I used overworld RE & inserted a dragonite sprite. but I didnt get the right combination of colors from the default pallets. when I try to import pallet along with the image. the sprite looked good but it messed up all other sprites using the pallets. any idea to resolve this

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
    I used overworld RE & inserted a dragonite sprite. but I didnt get the right combination of colors from the default pallets. when I try to import pallet along with the image. the sprite looked good but it messed up all other sprites using the pallets. any idea to resolve this
    First, find a way to get the original palette back (I hope you made a backup). Then, you've two options. Either look through the available palettes and "adapt" your Dragonite sprite to use one of them, or look into extending the overworld sprite palettes table. Should be somewhere in the Tools & Tutorials forum. Let me dig it up.
    Edit: Ah, here it is.

Back