• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help me write a fan fiction!

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    Here is the problem. Every time i write a fan fiction, it turns out too short because i run out of ideas. (No i'm bright, just help me!)

I plan on running a fan fiction called "Temporal Collapse" Its the same as PMD2-A little. Dont worry ima work hard and type extra

*Streches Fingers*

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • If you're running out of ideas in the middle of a story, there's two routes you can go:

1. Stick to shorter stories, such as one-shots. As in, if you can't think of a way to go from where you are in a longer story, maybe it'd be easier for you to work with a more compact medium.

2. Take a piece of paper or create a new document on your computer and write down everything that pops into your head about your story. That way, you have ideas you want to use later, which will give you hints about how to continue.

Other than that, we can't really give you specific ideas, partly because that's pretty much cheating there (even with a promise that you'd work hard) and partly because we don't know what your style is like. We could be feeding you things you probably can't use because you're not that into what we have to offer. For example, if you're the kind of writer who's a bit squeamish, it'd be difficult to get into writing about character death. So, it's really just best if you try one of the two suggestions above (or anything else someone can come up with about brainstorming) to come up with your own ideas that you'll actually want to write about.

In any case, hope the above helps.

Last edited:
    Back