• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Help > Missing unknown sprite causes crash when naming Pokémon after capture.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Hey everyone,

I've been using Pokémon Essentials v.20 for the past two weeks now. I've made great progress but the game crashes when I go into naming my pokémon.
    This screenshot shows what's happening.

Help > Missing unknown sprite causes crash when naming Pokémon after capture.

This happens with every Pokémon (including gen 1 Pokémon that came with the patch) and I've tried everything, from erasing my save file, renaming my project and even replacing the files with the ones from the original zip file just to be sure I didn't accidently delete something. Still, it keeps happening.
    As another note > this DOES NOT happen at the start of the game when I name my character.

Did this happen to any of you in the past and, if so, what am I doing wrong here?

Thank you all in advance 👍

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    It shouldn't happen on your intro naming screen, because the missing files are for Pokemon.
    If you really haven't changed anything by yourself, maybe it's one of your plugins?
    My guess is "Generation 8 Pack Scripts" because the Hotfixes and Staircases shouldn't touch the Pokemon graphics or scripts.

Back