• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help on gym leaders

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    im new and im trying to figure out gym leaders ill be honest im geting irritated cause im assuming that im missing something small

i tried copy and pasting brock then changing the name to what i want went into the trainer types changed brock to sira as well as made a trainer in the trainer listing .

heres the massive error if

this is my first post so if there is a correct way to post this tell me and i will next time.

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: NameError

Message: (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'The trainer type 'LEADER_Brock' is not valid. Please add the trainer

to the list of trainer types in the Editor. See the wiki for

more information.

***Full script:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Brock,"Sira",_I("Very good."))

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:794:in `eval'

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:794:in `command_111'

Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:794:in `command_111'

Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Scene_Map:114:in `update'

Scene_Map:68:in `main'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\ian\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2016
    Your error is here:
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Brock,"Sira",_I("Very good."))

The trainer type here does not match up to the trainer. If as you've said you have altered the names in Trainer and Trainer Types, the initiation of the battle event should read:
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Sira,"Sira",_I("Very good."))

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    ty you for ur help it works now.
    ... im mad i didnt see that but ok how do i change the sprite in the in game battle?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2016
    I assume then the Brock sprite is what you're seeing when you initiate the battle - go into your Game Folder: Graphics > Characters. Delete the Brock sprite you see (the name of the file will most likely by trainer059.png) - then move the sprite you want into this folder, with the same file name (trainer059.png).

I'd recommend having a play around with this so you're well experienced with it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    i did what you said unfortunatly it keeps bringing up brocks sprit. even though i named the one i want the one that brock had is there something i am missing?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2016
    Question is did you change the name of the trainer type from LEADER_Brock to LEADER_Sira in the text file or create a new trainer type with the code LEADER_Sira? If the former, I don't know why it wouldn't have changed the sprite.

Years
  • i just replaced the name on trainer types and then got rid of the pic like you said.

whatever number your new trainer is there has to be an image according to that trainer type,
    for example the trainer type : "71,CHAMPION,Champion,100,elite,,,Male," is 71 so the sprite for it is in Characters labelled as 071.
    so the next trainer type would have to have an image of 072 as the next trainer type should be : "72,LEADER_Sira,Leader,100,gymleader,,,Female,"
    or whatever number your trainer type is in your game.

Years
  • i broke it nows theres no sprite at all lol

Do you have a sprite named "0xx" with xx being the number of whatever your trainer type number is?
    here is an example showing what goes with what
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back