• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help on my team please!! X3

cheychey41

Trainer in training
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2010
    Ok so I have an improtant battle coming up and its a double battle. Im pretty set on my team members, I just really need help with the moveset. Any suggestions will help! Thanks :)
    Mewtwo Lv. 90
    Recover(going to change with Aura Sphere when it reaches 100)
    Flamethrower
    Thunderbolt
    Psychic

Garchomp Lv. 90
    Fire Blast(might change out with flamethrower)
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake(can't really use when im in a double battle)
    Dig

Poliwrath Lv. 76
    Mud Shot(Need to change out bad!)
    Waterfall
    Body Slam
    Dynamic Punch

Ampharos Lv. 75
    Signal Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Discharge(works well when its with Garchomp)
    Power Gem

Meganium Lv.71
    SolarBeam(going to change with seed bomb maybe)
    Petal Dance(outrage maybe?)
    Body Slam
    Giga Drain

Houndoom Lv. 67
    Shadow Ball
    Flamethrower
    Rock Smash(going to change but I'm not sure what. It was an egg move)
    Crunch

Thats it. Thanks again for the help. :)

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I assume you're not going by standard tiers since you have everything from Ubers to NUs, lol. In which case, this probably isn't a competitive team.

cheychey41

Trainer in training
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2010
    Im going for the tourney this weekend. But I only have like one uber and one Legendary right. Unless they've added more.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    Mewtwo Lv. 90
    Recover(going to change with Aura Sphere when it reaches 100)
    Flamethrower
    Thunderbolt
    Psychic

Garchomp Lv. 90
    flamethrower
    Dragon Claw (i would change to outrage if you dont mind the confusion)
    Earthquake
    stone edge or rock slide (rockslide hits both)

Poliwrath Lv. 76
    Go with Ice punch
    Waterfall
    body slam (is ok but if you want some atk and def id teach it Bulk up)
    Dynamic Punch

Ampharos Lv. 75
    Signal Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Discharge(works well when its with Garchomp)
    Power Gem

Meganium Lv.71
    Solarbeam if special atk-er seedbomb if physical
    Petal Dance <=keep this
    Body Slam
    Giga Drain

Houndoom Lv. 67
    flame thower or fire blast
    Dark Pulse or Sucker Punch
    Counter
    Protect

but its hard to tell what kind of moves to put on it cuz you have no EV spreads...
    but if any thing check smogon.com for some good movesets

Swinoob

... [I am not a talker].
    Years
    Could you post the natures, abilities and stats of your Pokemon? Also, try going on the Smogon website and search: EV guide. I really think you would find it useful if you're going to that tourney!

Years
    Garchomp Lv. 90 @ Life Orb
    Fire Fang
    Dragon Claw / Outrage
    Earthquake(can't really use when im in a double battle)
    Swords Dance

Dragon Claw or Outrage is entirely your decision. If you can set up a SD, you'll be OHKOing a lot. If you're worried about Steel types resisting your Dragon moves and you don't want to use Earthquake, then Fire Fang will be a lot of help, but I'd suggest keeping Earthquake, simply because it gets STAB and hits both opponents.

That's the Chomp I use and it's always done well, but I've never tried it in doubles matches. It might also help if you give another Pokemon on your team Sandstorm to make Chomp last even longer.

EDIT:

Poliwrath Lv. 76 @ Leftovers
    Substitute
    Waterfall
    Bulk Up
    Brick Break

Against a physical sweeper, Bulk Up and Substitute can make Poliwrath difficult to take out. You then have both STAB attacks to do as much damage as possible after Bulk Up. If you have trouble with Dragon types, then Ice Punch is an option over Brick Break (Might be beneficial since it would be the only Ice type move on your entire team).

I saw this Poliwrath earlier today on Shoddy. It caused me a fair bit of trouble.

Last edited:

cheychey41

Trainer in training
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2010
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! :)
    @Nashton:Thanks for the idea on the website! Its helped alot. I was thinking on giving my Meganium and Garchomp a Lum berry or Persim berry to hold because of the confusion thing. Do you have any suggestions after I showed the stats?
    @Swinoob:Alright I will definatly take a look. Its got some good info! Thanks. Do you have any suggestions now that I have stats? Oh and here are my teams nature and stats:
    Mewtwo 91 @ Mind Plate
    Jolly Nature, Abilty Pressure
    Hp:322
    Attack:260
    Defense:195
    Sp. Atk:282
    Sp. Def:207
    Speed:282
    Garchomp Lv 91 @ Dragon Fang
    Naughty Nature, Ability Sand Veil
    Hp:319
    Atk:282
    Def:198
    Sp atk:182
    Sp def:153
    Speed:230
    Poliwrath Lv. 79 @ mystic water
    Docile Nature, Abillity Damp
    Hp:249
    Atk:170
    Def:202
    Sp atk:150
    Sp. Def:166
    Speed:159
    Ampharos Lv. 77 @ Zap plate
    Hardy Nature, Static Ability
    Hp:244
    Atk:146
    Def:150
    Sp atk:218
    Sp def:167
    Speed:129
    Meganium Lv. 72 @ Miracle Seed
    Quirky Nature, Overgrow Ability
    Hp:216
    Atk:140
    Def:180
    Sp atk:137
    Sp. Def:174
    Speed:164
    Houndoom Lv. 67 @ Muscle Band
    Rash Nature, Flash Fire Ability
    Hp:189
    Atk:174
    Def:92
    Sp atk:180
    Sp def:121
    Speed:170
    @Phazon:That might be a good strategy to us for Poliwrath. What do you suggest now after you've seen the stats?
    Oh and if anyone would like to battle it would certainly help me

Years
    Mewtwo Lv. 90 @ Leftovers
    Recover
    Aura Sphere
    Calm Mind
    Psychic

Before I start, I feel that I should say that my knowledge and experience with Mewtwo is borderline nothing so you may want another opinion on this advice:

Jolly Mewtwo is really quite bad [+Speed -S.Attack], but looking at those stats you could use it to your advantage. It'd certainly catch people off-guard if you had a Mewtwo running a set like: Substitute - Focus Punch - Flamethrower - Psychic and it'd cause problems for special walls like Blissey who are hoping to wall you, but after a couple of Calm Minds, I'm sure Aura Sphere will be a big threat to Blissey anyway. Recover and Calm Mind with Mewtwo's defences will make for a threatening sweeper that is very hard to take down. Psychic and Aura Sphere provide good coverage and will be very strong coming from Calm Mind Mewtwo.

As far as I can see, this set should work pretty well. As for your other Pokemon, their natures aren't too great I'm afraid, but Mewtwo's is the worst in my opinion.

EDIT:

Ampharos Lv. 75 @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
    Signal Beam
    Thunderbolt / Focus Blast
    Discharge / Focus Blast
    Reflect

Ampharos is another Pokemon I don't have much experience with, but I don't really see the need to run both Thunderbolt and Discharge, when you could use one of those moveslots to expand your coverage with Focus Blast. It'd definately help with Tyranitar and Weavile. Thunderbolt is stronger, but you mentioned that Discharge works well with Garchomp, so it's up to you. Same goes for the item. Power Gem only gives you extra coverage against Fire types with just 20 more base power than Discharge and with all the sweepers on your team, it'd probably be beneficial to give Ampharos a support move. I chose Reflect, because of Ampharos' Ground weakness and the commonness of Earthquake.

With Static and Reflect, Ampharos may be surviving Earthquakes and paralysing opposing sweepers, which is always nice.

Last edited:

cheychey41

Trainer in training
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2010
    Well I really dont think about that kinda stuff before I start raising them up. I wish I wouldve paid more attention. I just didnt think I would be competeing, it was just a personal fun team. But thanks for the advice. I think Im going to use the movesets the you listed.

Back