• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Help with a move similar to the "Stance Change" ability

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2023
    I am trying to implement a signature move for a Pokemon who similarly works like aegislash. This move changes them from attack to defence mode or from defence to attack mode each time it is used instead of it being an ability like aegislash however I can't seem to find out how to do this. Please can someone show me how i could implement this. i am on essentials 20.1 with the gen 8 project installed

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You mention "a signature move [...] who similarly works like Aegislash". This is the starting point. I suggest you search all the files to see how it works for Aegislash / Stance Change. Use Ctrl + Shift + F (it searches all the scripts) and search for "AEGISLASH" or "STANCECHANGE" or "KINGSSHIELD". Basically duplicate any related code but with your own Pokémon/ability/move.

Back