• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Help with catching Suicune!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebird

Hear Me Rawr.
    Years
    Help. I've tried making it to 1 HP,Sleep,Confuse,Lowering Def and Sp.Def 6 levels throwing 50+ Ultra Balls all at the same time but still I cant catch it. :dead:
    I've used my Master ball on Mewtwo so I can't use it on suicune either. :dead:
    I don't want to restart my game either. :dead:
    Anyone got any tips? :(
    Thanks in advance.

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
    Years
    Just keep trying to catch it using all the pok?balls until you have caught it XD. Thats what i do when they are hard to catch ^^ thats all you can do sorry!

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Put a Lv. 39 Wobbufett as yar first Pok?mon, so it cant Escape, and use Super/Max Repel. Use just Safeguard/Counter to dont cause damage, since it has just 1HP left, but keep using Potions/Super Potions/Something that recovers Life in Wobby, and when about 20 turns have passed, use a Timer Ball~ Timer Balls can be bought at Isle Two, after solving the Unnown thingy~

Years
    The easiest way is just to use your masterball on it, and probably the sartest way.Because you can save in front of Mewtwo, lugia, Ho-oh and all that.So you have unlimited amount of tries for them.So use your Masterball on him.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Why save it for Mewtwo? It can't run from the battle. Suicune's actually about 5x harder to catch than Mewtwo, for obvious reasons. But, if you're not going to use your Master Ball, then there's nothing you can do, really. It's a matter of luck. Just keep trying what you were already doing, and eventually, it'll be yours. Sorry we can't help you. x___X;

Years
    I didn't say save the Masterball for Mewtwo lol.I said use the Masterball on Suicune, cause you can save in front of Poke'mon such as Mewtwo or Lugia lol.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    Hmmm....try confusing it and Poisoning it at the same time. It worked for me. Suicune is a weird creature indeed and it's the weirdest out of the other 2. I generally throw my Raichu at it since Sui is Water after all. Paralyzing it might help too. Ultra Balls may not be your best bet, even if you used your Master Ball already.....i would go with the Timer Ball and the Wobuffet Trick because it seems to work well. But I believe that you shouldn't give up hope. Just keep searching for it and try oyur best to catch it.Good luck

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    There's no point in using Wobbuffet's Shadow Tag ability or Mean Look, for that matter, because all Suicune or the other dogs have to do is use Roar and flee. If you already have it at 1HP, give it some status(personally, I'd prefer Paralyze because now, if you put them to sleep, they'll still run.), and chuck Ultra Balls at it. Eventually, you'll catch it.

But, if it'll help, there's this cheat you can use. After u choose a ball, in the black screen, hit Up+B twice, holding it the second time. Then, let go when the ball rolls twice. This works about 65% of the time.

Firebird

Hear Me Rawr.
    Years
    Thanks for the tips I try to catch a wobb and buy a bunch of timer balls.And paralaze it. Edit:Thanks for the advice guys I've just tried it ;) But, I still cant even make the ball roll once :dead:

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    sweetie i agree with castrainer use the super cute wobbafet to trap it and go mad with the ultraballs not timer balls. ^_^ hope it help sweetie i havent cuaght mine yet but my wobbafet nedds training XD ^_^;;

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Firebird said:
    Thanks for the tips I try to catch a wobb and buy a bunch of timer balls.And paralaze it. Edit:Thanks for the advice guys I've just tried it ;) But, I still cant even make the ball roll once :dead:
    That ball is the best it should work after 7 times in a row.It did for me when I was trying to catch Latias in Saphire.

Firebird

Hear Me Rawr.
    Years
    Well I caught Latias after throwing 4 Ultra Balls ;)
    Looks like it's gonna take a while..
    BTW pokemunna, y do u always say sweetie? :o

AndrewFire24

Charmeleon Master
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 16, 2005
    if u have another version in the same genration ruby,leafgreen, ect. take the master ball from one of those games, i did that but i haven't used the master ball :\

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2005
    Theres a little trick i like to call the ''turn any ball inta master balls trick''. first,throw a ball at the poke. then, when it opens press a&b.when it is about to pop out,press b&select.works for me :D

Firebird

Hear Me Rawr.
    Years
    Thanks guys, I've finally got it with a Timer ball :D
    It took me like 70+ Timer balls to get it though. :dead:
    Hey, its got Timid nature but crappy IVs
    (All 1 except Attack which is 5) :\
    Should I use it for battle?

Last edited:

Firebird

Hear Me Rawr.
    Years
    thx lillianlatiasqueen. But I wish the IVs were better :dead:
    On the bright side, its got a good nature ;)

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2005
    Congrats man. But next time. Use your 70+ Ultra Balls on Mewtwo and use the Master Ball on the Dog...

Iron Spriter Josh

Noob Terminator
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 11, 2006
    hm.. buy like 30-50 ultra balls with a lvl 39 wobbufet(sp?) and also like 20-30 timer balls, and when you encounter suicune with wobbufet then keep throwing ultra balls at it (but make sure you have dozens of max potions/full restores so your wobbufet wont faint) and then when you run out of ultra balls, throw timer balls : )

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back