• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Help with changing backgrounds

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Hi everyone! I need help with something, community.

I'm editing Pokemon Ruby for the first time and I'm learning hexadecimal language and I want to change the battle backgrounds in the game, but I don't want to insert new backgrounds but switch the actual background the game has in one place for another background from the game. Basically, I'm trying to set the battle background I want for the place that I want. Like when people insert a custom snow background in a snow route in hackroms. I want to have the sea background in Route 101 or the cave one in 103. Something like that. To control the battle scene.

What I really want to do is change the Battle Tower background and put another one. I've been trying to switch the dull original background from the BT by myself for the Elite Four Drake one via HEX Workshop editing the tilesets and the scripts for so long but I can't do it. I need help. I've been reading the "Inserting Battle Backgrounds" post but I still don't get it. Maybe it's because it's not the same that I want to do. Help, please. Seriously, that would make me so happy.

Thanks

Back