• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Help with changing text boxes and batch compiling into ROM with XSE

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2022
    Hi, I'm working on my first rom so I'm new to this.
    I have tried to change the dialogue for the text using advanced map and XSE.
    First, I changed the text via XSE from advanced maps but even though I pressed compile, the text didn't save.
    I then tried making a new script and then replacing the previous one, but when I clicked batch compile and selected the rom, it didn't come up with an offset number so I can't tell if it saved it or not.

Changing the text in A-Maps worked but I heard it can be pretty buggy and I would like to learn how to use XSE.

Any help is appreciated and if it helps, I am trying to change the rivals dialogue at the beginning of the game in FireRed.

Back