• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Help with Dizzy's Hacked Engine for Emerald?

Years
  • I'm looking for some help writing a script to change a pokemon's nature and/or gender using the new specials added in Dizzy's Hacked Engine (specifically special 0x228 set attributes2)

I have been able to figure out how to get special 0x212 to work as an ability switcher but I'm lost past that, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Years
  • Use special 0x227 to get and see how it returns the gender and nature so you can use it to set the nature and gender. Sadly there isn't a define file for that in the repo.

Years
  • I'm probably doing it wrong, I wrote a simple script that activates the special and when I talk to the NPC nothing seems to happen

I'm not in my pc, so please test this script and tell me the values it returns.

Spoiler:

Maybe there is something wrong with this script as I can't test it here.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm not in my pc, so please test this script and tell me the values it returns.

Spoiler:

Maybe there is something wrong with this script as I can't test it here.

It works to show the Pokemon's current Nature and gender just fine, giving a number designating them. EDIT: I was able to figure it out from here, you've been a colossal help, thank you!

Last edited:
    Years
  • It works to show the Pokemon's current Nature and gender just fine, giving a number designating them. EDIT: I was able to figure it out from here, you've been a colossal help, thank you!

I did nothing. I just helped a little showing the way. To be honest I'm very curious to know about these numbers, especially the genderless one. You got it quickly. It's nice to see a great new EM hacker. :wink-right-eye:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I did nothing. I just helped a little showing the way. To be honest I'm very curious to know about these numbers, especially the genderless one. You got it quickly. It's nice to see a great new EM hacker. :wink-right-eye:

Well I most likely wouldn't have figured it out without your help so it was a lot to me :)
    I did some testing and firstly, genderless reads as 255 (0xFF) which is used for the NO CHANGE to gender/nature parameter so I don't think you could change it to that. Here is the list of the IDs for genders and natures otherwise
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Well I most likely wouldn't have figured it out without your help so it was a lot to me :)
    I did some testing and firstly, genderless reads as 255 (0xFF) which is used for the NO CHANGE to gender/nature parameter so I don't think you could change it to that. Here is the list of the IDs for genders and natures otherwise
    Spoiler:

That is interesting. I remember that I saw something about 0xfe being used for female but I cant remember where I saw. Dont forget to handle the error, so you wont lose an item (if it's an item) and showing a proper message when using in the pokemon with same nature or same gender or genderless.

Back