• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] HELP with FPS (Lag?)

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi friends, me again ...

I wanted to show you a problem that I have had for some time.
    My project is set to work at 40 FPS as the standard of the original Essentials.

When I'm indoors everything works pretty well and quite fluidly. When I go abroad everything changes, as in the following video.

Here´s the link if you can't see it https://youtu.be/eH2ib-taYgA

I imagine it is lag, but it is not a very large map nor with too many events or parallel processes. Is there anyone who has been able to control this? Anyone who could improve outdoor performance?

EDIT:

If I press ALT a few times to activate the turbo mode, the performance improves a bit.
    So far what I am doing is using the TURBO SPEED https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=276213 script by activating it only on the exterior maps.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Did you already Try the Options you can acess by pressing F1 Ingame? Does this generally happen outdoors? You could try making a completly empty outdoor map and see how the performance is affected. Bare in Mind that XP is pretty old and generally has issues when maps become more complex (see Pokemon Uranium) - It would also help if you could list your PC's Specs to determine a potential bottleneck.

Years
    • Seen today
    Did you already Try the Options you can acess by pressing F1 Ingame? Does this generally happen outdoors? You could try making a completly empty outdoor map and see how the performance is affected. Bare in Mind that XP is pretty old and generally has issues when maps become more complex (see Pokemon Uranium) - It would also help if you could list your PC's Specs to determine a potential bottleneck.

I was able to solve it (momentarily) by changing the FPS and adjusting the options you mentioned (and I didn't know), but now it happens that when changing the FPS, the map works fine, but ... The battles are going very slow ... Now I'm trying to find out if there are any way to speed up battles ...

This is my PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz
    Video Card AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M330
    Video Card #2 Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500
    RAM 12 GB
    Operating System Windows 10

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Your PC should be fine altough it may be due to your cpu having a kind of low single core performance, which could proof difficult on complex maps as xp only uses one core at a time. That makes it highly demanding even for good cpus, since it doesnt make use of the other cores much.

Another fix that sometimes helps is to go into task manager as the game runs -> details -> Your Game.exe -> rightclick -> set affinity and only check one core, to make it only use that core. I dont think your cpu allows overclocking or boosting, but it may help acheiving a bit more single core performance and therefore less lag. You can also try playing around with priority, too see if it helps, altough you shouldnt go over "high"

Windows 10 also has issues with XP, especially the newest Update lead to many of my friends reporting sudden lag issues that didnt occur before. Can only hope its resolved soon, if it is affecting anything. Besides this im out of ideas sadly. You may split up your bigger maps in multiple smaller ones to reduce the load , or by other means. I hope you can make it work!

Years
    • Seen today
    Your PC should be fine altough it may be due to your cpu having a kind of low single core performance, which could proof difficult on complex maps as xp only uses one core at a time. That makes it highly demanding even for good cpus, since it doesnt make use of the other cores much.

Another fix that sometimes helps is to go into task manager as the game runs -> details -> Your Game.exe -> rightclick -> set affinity and only check one core, to make it only use that core. I dont think your cpu allows overclocking or boosting, but it may help acheiving a bit more single core performance and therefore less lag. You can also try playing around with priority, too see if it helps, altough you shouldnt go over "high"

Windows 10 also has issues with XP, especially the newest Update lead to many of my friends reporting sudden lag issues that didnt occur before. Can only hope its resolved soon, if it is affecting anything. Besides this im out of ideas sadly. You may split up your bigger maps in multiple smaller ones to reduce the load , or by other means. I hope you can make it work!

Thanks, really, for all your help. I made a combination of everything, along with some modifications in the FPS and I feel that it has improved a bit, but I sacrificed the speed of the battles and now I am trying to solve that. You gave me many tips that I didn't know :)

Years
    • Seen today

Hello, I experience Laq only when outdoors, when I press F2 to bring up the FPS it becomes low 35-18

But when indoors, the battle FPS returns to normal, I have tried using the task manager but to no avail. Please help.
    I'm not a creator here but a player

Back