• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

help with gameshark codes

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2007
    ok i have fire red on VBA ( japanese version) and i do not get how you put codes into the VBA, i am using this site :
    supercheats.com/gameboyadvance/pokemonfireredcodes

so for example if i want all pokeballs i press "gameshark" enter anything into the description and enter the master 1st... so :

[M]0000295F000A
    101DC9D40007

then do i add the pokeball code onto that? or enter that one first? i am lost.. please help :(

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Things related to Emulators are best fitting in the similar named Emulation forum, so I'll mov eit there.

First of all, you enter the master code. After that, I'd reccomend that you go back into the game for a few seconds, so it recognizes it.
    Now go back to the cheat menu, and enter the Pokéball code, then go back into the game.
    If you did it right, the code should have worked now, and you will have the amount of Pokéballs you specified.

~moved~

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • meh since i feel nice i will tell you this.

the best sites to get codes would be www.codebreaker.com www.gameshark.com or www.codejunkies.com

for codejunkies.com the codes are pro action replay. just click codebreaker in the cheats menu from your emulator and input the codes.

anyway, if you need a save with the codes already added, i can do that for you

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2007
    i tried to do a gameshark code on emerald.. uhh.. wild pokemon modifier but that didnt work =x was tryin to get a mareep.. put the master codes and the lvl codes and the pokemon codes but it didnt work =x... other codes work tho like warping to far away island =x but just the pokemon encounter ones dont.. help?

<--- noob

Years
  • if you guys are playing either Fire red/Leaf green or Emerald version, you need to have a master code AND the anti-DMA code, otherwise the codes wont work.

im not sure how it works for the actual gameboy, but if your using an emulator, you have to activate only the anti-dma code. first, walk in and out a pokemon center, then add the cheats.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2007
    im using an emulator... wahts the anit-dma code? o.o.. im gettin the codes off the gameshark website and theres a wpm master code, the level codes. and the pokemon codes.. iono about a anti-dma.. thanks tho

Years
  • don't get your codes from there. Most of them suck and doesn't even work. try going on gamefaqs. look for the game your looking for and then look at their faq list. at the very bottom, there should be either a gameshark faq or action replay faq. there, it should give you enough info about the anti-dma code and other codes for that matter.

wrathchild712

Defender of teh Metallz
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 16, 2007
    So...if I wanted to use GS codes, I'd have to enter both the master AND the anti-DMA code? What do these do? Is this the same for all Pokemon ROMs?

Anyone? Trading?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2007
    With these you mostly don't have to worry about anything but the Master Codes and the cheats itself. Mostly.

copy to yuour browser gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/918915/28392

Right now I'm on my 3rd run of FireRed so I decided it's time to Catch em' all. :D

Best combination for that would be:
    Master Code
    Buy everything for $1
    Level 100 all caught pokemon
    Buy Any Item> Master Ball
    Make any pokeball act like a master ball (in case of Lugia who gets out sometimes)

Just enter the codes on your VBA via Codebreaker and you'll be good. By the way, if you acquire any Johto or Hoenn Pokemon, they won't show up on your regular pokedex yet so use the

National Dex Code

after you get tea from the old lady in the game.

By the way. One might have trouble getting the next pokemon to appear after you've caught one. I went through Seven Lugias and 5 celebis to figure it out. After you caught your desired pokemon, disable the cheat you used. Then walk around a little, a single step is okay so you don't have to battle. Then go back to the codes and remove the previous code and enter a new one.

by the way, using shiny codes will mess up your game, making EVERY SINGLE pokemon you see shiny even when you turn it off. If that happens, save, turn off, switch the codes off and on, repeat til done.

Back