• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Help with making warps work

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    I am new to decomp, and need some help to make warps work.

I have made a new map NewMap with a new mapsec MAPSEC_NEWMAP. In this new map, I have two Fortree-style houses, one cave and secret base shrub which is always open (no need for secret power). None of the warps to these locations work. The secret base warp takes me to a different secret base, and the other three warps do not work at all (I am not allowed to enter). I have checked that the tiles have the appropriate metatiles behaviour. Any idea what I need to do?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    I'll add that this happens even if the warps are to standard locations such as Lilycove pokecenter.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    The thing that is really weird is that warping to the houses work when I warp there from a different route, and the warps out to NewMap work as well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    One extra weird thing is that the regular doors to the standard house works. It is only when I use different tiles, such as the Fortree house door that it does not work. This is boggling my mind, would appreciate any help on this.

Years
    • Seen today
    I am new to decomp, and need some help to make warps work.

I have made a new map NewMap with a new mapsec MAPSEC_NEWMAP. In this new map, I have two Fortree-style houses, one cave and secret base shrub which is always open (no need for secret power). None of the warps to these locations work. The secret base warp takes me to a different secret base, and the other three warps do not work at all (I am not allowed to enter). I have checked that the tiles have the appropriate metatiles behaviour. Any idea what I need to do?

If you are unable to walk into the warp the problem might be with your movement permissions. Animated entrances like doors should use impassable collisions while cave entrances and Fortree house entrances should use passable collisions.

Secret base entrances work differently from normal warp tiles. If you want to assign arbitrary warps to them, one way to do so is to create a copy of the entrance block which uses the MB_NORMAL metatile behaviour and place a block below it with MB_NORTH_ARROW_WARP metatile behaviour, then place your warp on the block below the entrance and it should work (the entrance block's movement permission should be impassable).

Back