• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with movesets/team

Xander247

Pokémon Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 11, 2010
    Ok after some consideration I've come up with a team for Pearl I like, but I would love some moveset suggestions or minor team changing suggestions if you'd be so kind. Not major, as I'm pretty happy with this line-up, had however considered swapping the Tyranitar for a Blissey. You might've guessed I'm pretty new at this, so go easy :P

Blastoise

Magnezone

Magmortar

Dragonite

Torterra

Tyranitar/Blissey (?)

Any help is appreciated ^^

Vainz

The Pokemon and Jedi Master
    Years
    Alright, i will help. First, Choose Blissey. If you choose Tyranitar than you will have three pokemon weak to Ground and Fighting. And everyone uses Earthquake. Plus Blissey will make a nice Tank. When using Dragonite, take advantage of his physical power, not Special Attack. Here is a good moveset for him:

Dragonite@ Leftovers
    Nature:
    -Outrage
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Aqua Tail

Good Choices

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2007
    agreeing with vainz...dragonite is an awsome physical sweeper..tho i would recommend dragon claw alot more than outrage..since u dont suffer from confusion...and its got the best accuracy....alsodepending on ur team u could choose between aqua tail or thunderpunch both very good techiques...the thing is..like my lonely dragonite..i gave him thunderbolt just in case u get stuck against a defensive wall like skarmory...tho thunderbolt doesnt get a boost from dragon dance, its higher strenght still gets the job done.

once again choose which what ever u think will be best for ur team and battling its weaknesses..

Vainz

The Pokemon and Jedi Master
    Years
    I see we have similar choices of pokemon Aethos. If you have no better choices of attacks then i would suggest thunderbolt, because dragonite has decent SpAttack too. He is just all around great. Outrage and Dragon Claw have the same accuracy, and i somethimes give him a Persim berry for confusion.

Back