• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with my Sapphire Team

Homsar_225

A Song From the Sixties
    Years
    Okay, I need advice improving my Sapphire team. I'm new at these games, so don't make fun of me if my movesets sound stupid.

Electrode: Lv 36
    Ability: Soundproof
    Item: Smoke Ball
    Rollout
    Spark
    Thunderbolt
    Secret Power

Xatu: Lv 30 (Just caught)
    Ability:Early Bird
    Item: EXP. Share
    Fly
    Teleport
    Night Shade
    Aerial Ace

Golduck: Lv 33
    Ability: Cloud Nine
    Item: King's Rock
    Surf
    Disable
    Confusion
    Facade

Registeel: Lv 40
    Ability: Clear Body
    Item: Sitrus Berry
    Metal Claw
    Rock Smash
    Superpower
    Ancientpower

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    If you are new at these games how did you already get a Registeel? I'm way experienced and I don't even have a Registeel. You must have been born to play the games if you are new and you caught a Registeel before me. Congratulations.

Your teamm is o.k. but if I were you I would change your Electrode. By replacing the Spark move. But maybe you should have more pokemon in your party too.

Groudon80

Banned
    Years
    Experienced has nothing to do with how long you have been playing the game, its how good you are on netbattle, which I am assuming you suck at since you thought that. >_>

Anyways stop doubling up on moves, and don't use physical moves on a special pokemon and vice versa.

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
    Homsar_225 said:
    Okay, I need advice improving my Sapphire team. I'm new at these games, so don't make fun of me if my movesets sound stupid.

Electrode: Lv 36
    Ability: Soundproof
    Item: Smoke Ball/Magnet
    Rollout
    Spark
    Thunderbolt
    Secret Power
    You should switch Spark to Charge/Light Screen/Mirror Coat/Thunder Wave, Rollout to HP special move and Secret Power to Explosion or Rain Dance(if you want to replace T-bolt with Thunder).

Xatu: Lv 30 (Just caught)
    Ability:Early Bird
    Item: EXP. Share/Leftovers
    Fly/Psychic
    Teleport/Confuse Ray
    Night Shade/Wish
    Aerial Ace

Golduck: Lv 33
    Ability: Cloud Nine
    Item: King's Rock
    Surf
    Disable/Ice Beam
    Confusion/Psychic
    Facade/Calm Mind

Registeel: Lv 40
    Ability: Clear Body
    Item: Sitrus Berry
    Metal Claw
    Rock Smash
    Superpower
    Ancientpower
    This is a wrong moveset. Registeel has a bad attack stat, so it's a very big mistake to give it attacking moves. Instead, give it this moveset: Seismic Toss, Iron Defense, Amnesia, Explosion.

The movesets you gave to your pokemons weren't too bad, since your new to these games, but how come you already caught a Registeel? Well anyway, are there only 4 pokemon in your team? You must improve a lot then... Well, good luck.

Mattokun

Haruka ga daisuki desu
    Years
    Try teaching Psychic to your Xatu. It's a great move that is not only super effective against multiple types, but it deals a lot of damage even when not super effective.

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
    Homsar_225 said:
    Where did you get leftovers in Sapphire, though?
    After you beat the Elite Four (and the Champion of course), you'll get a ticket for the ferry that goes from Slateport and Lilycove. After you got the ticket, go to Slateport and go to the harbour. They'll ask you where you want to go and just tell them that you want to go to Lilycove. When you're aboard the ship, go downstairs and you should find a Leftovers in the trash can. That's the only way to get Leftovers in Sapphire, but you can get Leftovers from Colosseum and other games, too, if you have them.
    Hope this helps you.

Homsar_225

A Song From the Sixties
    Years
    Thanks! As soon as I beat the elite four I'll try it out. Oh, and by the way, what is a netbattle?

Back