• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with my team and movesets!

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    So i'm fairly new to pokemon in the newer generations, and need some help please, with team order and items too!

Team -

Haxorus: Outrage, X-Scissor, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw
    Samurott: Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Surf, Scald
    Crobat: Air Slash, Toxic, Venoshock, Hypnosis
    Heracross: Mega Horn, Close Combat, Stone Edge, Arial Ace
    Chandelure: Flamethrower, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp
    Scrafty: Brick Break, Hi Jump Kick, Feint Attack, Crunch

Thanks

Phototoxin

Lord of Darkness
    Years
    Looks like it has a lot of good coverage altough your scrafty has 2 dark and 2 fighting moves. He could change some of them for something else. What about Dig as you don't seem to have much ground moves.

Soul_Silver_pkmnbreeder

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Give Haxorus a Dragon Fang, and try teaching it Brick Break or Earthquake so you don't get walled by steel types.

Samurott needs a Metronome or Mystic Water, depending on your preference. Wise Glasses are also an option, but I would personally prefer the 20% boost to half of my moves over a 10% boost all-around.

Chandelure needs (my mind blanked...it's the balloon item that makes it immune to ground-type attacks until popped). Teach it Energy Ball.

Scrafty is too STAB-oriented. Try giving it some more diverse moves like Head Smash, which will give it a fighting chance at Flying foes, and most dragons IV Gen and older (Flygon...rawr).

Heracross needs an Expert Belt or Focus Sash if you fear Flying types.

Crobat needs a Wide Lens to make Hypnosis viable.
    -----
    You should lead with Samurott to KO Stealth Rock leads, and since your team has a great lack of need for set up, just follow with whatever has a type advantage. This team isn't bad STAB-wise, but a general lack of a utility belt gambit may come back to haunt you.

Back