• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with Overworld encounters

Days
    • Seen Jan 14, 2024
    Hello all, so I am fairly new to Hacking. I am hacking Fire Red and need some assistance or pointed in the right directions.

I want to add Mew and the legendary beasts to the game.

I've already created a new map that you get to through Bill's teleporter, and new places for the beasts.. I am able to create a overworld Sprite and I am able to give it a script. That's where I am stuck. I tried coping Mewtwos script and using it, changing the Pokémon ID and level and stuff. It worked, I was able to encounter Mew and the beasts with the correct overworld sprites.

Issue is:
    For all 4: The text dialogue for each changes if I change one of them. So originally Mewtwo says "MEW!" when you interact with him. Well that was fine for Mew but for the beasts I tried to change it to "WROO!" but when I do it changes it for all 5 of the Pokémon.

For Mew: when I catch it is disappears, but so does Mewtwo

For the Legendary Beasts: When I catch them they don't disappear.

So I'm guessing I have to create new scripts for each one of them, which is a daunting task.

My main questions:

1. Is there already written scripts out there for each that I can copy and paste?
    2. Can I further edit the Mewtwo script to have it all be different?
    3. If neither, then what is the best way to tackle this?

thanks all

Dax-MASters

Most popular on Pokégram!
    Days
  • Hello all, so I am fairly new to Hacking. I am hacking Fire Red and need some assistance or pointed in the right directions.

I want to add Mew and the legendary beasts to the game.

I've already created a new map that you get to through Bill's teleporter, and new places for the beasts.. I am able to create a overworld Sprite and I am able to give it a script. That's where I am stuck. I tried coping Mewtwos script and using it, changing the Pokémon ID and level and stuff. It worked, I was able to encounter Mew and the beasts with the correct overworld sprites.

Issue is:
    For all 4: The text dialogue for each changes if I change one of them. So originally Mewtwo says "MEW!" when you interact with him. Well that was fine for Mew but for the beasts I tried to change it to "WROO!" but when I do it changes it for all 5 of the Pokémon.

For Mew: when I catch it is disappears, but so does Mewtwo

For the Legendary Beasts: When I catch them they don't disappear.

So I'm guessing I have to create new scripts for each one of them, which is a daunting task.

My main questions:

1. Is there already written scripts out there for each that I can copy and paste?
    2. Can I further edit the Mewtwo script to have it all be different?
    3. If neither, then what is the best way to tackle this?

thanks all
    Hi, also kinda new to hacking too, but I'll try to help. The problem with Mewto and the legendaries probably has to do with the game's flags, and for the text, I think you used the same offset for each one.
    One way I script legendary battles is with HexManiac Advance. It's a great tool and it has the option to script battles like these in seconds. All you have to do is choose the pokemon, write the text, select an overworld sprite and choose a flag (I recommend 0x1000 and above). I hope this helped!

Last edited:
    Back