• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

help with Pokemon Follow ONLINE

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    First of all apologize for my bad English:
    Hello friends, I have time editing a game with RPG Maker XP, and managed to play online with my friend and battle and trade work.
    I am currently adding the option for the initial pokemon follow your character, but the problem I have is when I connect to my server, I see my "friend" with his character normally connected, but I can not see the pokemon following its character. If anyone knows and can say as being able to see the pokemon friend, or if it is a server problem or customer would be very grateful.
    That would allow raising the game and share it with all of you.
    Greetings and I hope your answers. Hugs.
    PS: I use Google translator
    --------------
    Español:
    Hola amigos, llevo tiempo editando un Juego con RPG Maker XP, e logrado jugarlo Online con mi amigo y funcionan las batallas y el comercio.
    Actualmente estoy agregando la opción para que el pokemon inicial sigan a tu personaje, Pero el problema que tengo es cuando me conecto a mi servidor, veo a mi "amigo" con su personaje conectado normalmente, pero no puedo ver el pokemon que sigue a su personaje. Si alguien sabe y puede decir como lograr ver el pokemon del amigo, o si es un problema del servidor o del cliente estaría muy agradecido.
    Eso permitiría subir el juego y compartirlo con todos ustedes ya terminado.
    Saludos y espero sus respuestas. Abrazos.

Years
  • I don't know perfectly what is going on here, because I haven't yet implemented online features into my game and even when I do I'm planning on making it "standard" online play where you battle and trade with a person from an alternate reality who you therefore can't see.

BUT, it is my understanding that the dependent event that becomes the Following Pokemon is NOT part of the player. As such, bringing forth the player character of your friend into your game is not going to bring in their follower...you're going to have to do that manually.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    that is the point. if I want to add manually What should I do?
    -------------------------
    ese es el punto. si deseo agregarlo manualmente ¿Que debo hacer?

Years
  • That I can't help you with, I don't know enough about getting the players of other people. Sorry.

though (however you call forth your friend's trainer).party[0] should give you the first Pokemon in their party.

Back