• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Help!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2011
    So I just started playing this game, and I got a Chimchar, but I want to teach it Flamethrower through training, could I stop it evolving and then when it levels appropriatly and learn it, level up and evolve it into the second form, then level up again and evolve it into Infernape? Or once it's past level thirty-six can it not evolve into Infernape? Any help is greatly appreciated.

the_gurpster

legendary pokemon trainer
    Years
  • u can do that and still get a infernape it doesnt matter once u cancel one evloution wen u gain another lvl u will evolve so u keep pressing B but yeah u can do that and still eveolve it into infernape

Neslug

Overgrown Slug
    Years
  • The evolution level listed on many online sites and guides implies that the Pokémon will try to evolve every time it gains a level if the new level is equal to / greater than the one listed.

So yes, you can teach a lv. up move to a Pokémon and evolve it to it's later evolution stages afterwards.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I know some sites that will help: Serebii.net and Bulbapedia.com those will help but, yeah, they will still evolve after their proper evolution level.

Markio390

Everyone has to die
    Years
  • yeah but makesure when it reaches lv 100 it has evolved already otherwise it won't at
    all. yeah and by the way a pokemon evolves i tink it receieves more exp points in its new evo

Back