• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help

Years
    Sorry If This Is In The Wrong Place..Im New Here..

I Recently Picked Up My DS And Found Leaf Green I Played But It Got Boring..I Stopped Watching Pokemon After I Beat Pokemon Gold..I Was Wondering What Games Are Out For DS That Features All The Pokemon So Far Well From Games Such As Red/Blue/Gold/Silver/And Now..I Also Wanted To Get Back Into Pokemon For Some Reason I Just Don't Know..Does It Still Show On TV? If So What Channel Is Ash Still On His Journey? I Know It Seems Weird But Yea I Miss Pokemon lol..Thanks Guys..Btw Im In NY So Im Not Sure If That Makes A Difference..Thanks Again Guys..If This Needs To Be Moved Go Right Ahead..But Please Don't Close..Thanks

Sheruda Kachinuki

Go and escape(^^)
    Years
    Hello Bryan. Is are you asking for help? I think you should post this at Games Development.

Anyways, in DS? Pokemon pearl and Diamond, they are new games you can play.

If you have questions, you can ask me, thank you.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Well, for the DS, there's Diamond and Pearl. You can use Wi-Fi to get old Pokemon if they're not available in the game(some are version exclusive and some must be migrated from RSE/FRLG).

As for the anime, Ash is still on his journey. He's still with Brock, but Misty is no longer with him, and neither is May. His new female companion is Dawn. As for what time it comes on, I know that it's on at 6AM on Cartoon Network where I am. And NY is only an hour ahead of me. Just check your local guide, I guess. :D

And I'm pretty sure you're in the right section. ;D If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

-Silver

Years
    Whoa Thanks Alot Guys..I Thought I Woud've Gotten Ignored..Do You Think Its To Late For Me To Pick Up Where I Left Off? I Mean I Did Stop Watching After I Beat Gold I Played Only A Bit Of Saphfire..But Im Willing To Give It A Try..I Know Diamond/Pearl Is The Newest Edition To The Pokemon Franchise But I Like Nothing More Then My Old School Pokemon lol..I Would Consider Getting Diamond Aslong As The Old Pokemon Are In..I Know Im An Idiot lol

joseph-j15

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Dude, i KNOW WHAT U MEAN. I stopped playing pokemon aftr Crystal. Stopped watching the show, and gave away all my pokemon cards!!!!!!
    Now im really into it, and i wish i had my pokemon cards back.

Years
    Dude, i KNOW WHAT U MEAN. I stopped playing pokemon aftr Crystal. Stopped watching the show, and gave away all my pokemon cards!!!!!!
    Sadly I Can't Find My Pokemon Cards..Belive It Or Not..If I Remember Right A Long Time Ago I Bought I Pack Of Pokemon Cards With Lugia On The Plastic And When I Opened It A Lugia Card Was In It..Sadly I Lost The Card =(...BTW I Did Have Crystal..If I Remember Right I Only Bought It Because I Think The Pokemon Moved When They Appear In A Battle lol

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    It's never too late to restart. I just recently got back into the anime after a...oh, I don't know...five or six year hiatus from it? xD It shouldn't be too hard to get back on track. :D

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I only got back into Pokemon a little over a year ago after quitting (Ruby was the game that made me quit Pokemon forever), and look at me now. An obsessive Pokemon fan, a decent battler, and a semi-respected member of the community. :D

Also, yes, Diamond and Pearl have all of the old Pokemon in them- all 493 of 'em. Yeah, good luck filling your Pokedex.

Years
    I only got back into Pokemon a little over a year ago after quitting (Ruby was the game that made me quit Pokemon forever), and look at me now. An obsessive Pokemon fan, a decent battler, and a semi-respected member of the community. :D

Also, yes, Diamond and Pearl have all of the old Pokemon in them- all 493 of 'em. Yeah, good luck filling your Pokedex.
    So Will I Just Bump Into Them? Or Will I Have To Do Something Before There In-Game?

Not Sure If This Is True False But I Just Read On Wikipedia That In Order To Get Pokemon From Other Games You Need To Earn A National Pokedex(Does It Take Long To Get?)..Is It The Only Way To Get Old Pokemon Into The Game Or Is This False Information? Can Somebody Please Explain How This Works..Thanks

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I'll just explain things in depth, and you can take what you will from it:

You start off with the Sinnoh Dex, a Pokedex with 150 Pokemon commonly seen around Sinnoh (it's mostly filled with 4th gen Pokemon, obviously, but there are a number of Pokemon from other generations in there). Once you see every Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex (not catch, just see), and beat the Elite Four, Professor Oak himself will give you the National Dex, which contains Pokemon #1-493 (that's all of them, by the way). Once this happens, the game pretty much explodes with new Pokemon:

*You obtain the Pokeradar (which can find new Pokemon in old locations)
    *You obtain the Super Rod (which catches a metric ton of new fish)
    *You unlock Swarms (a ton of Pokemon will swarm in a given location for a day)
    *You unlock dongle Pokemon (insert a GBA Pokemon game into the Slot-2 port, and find a few new Pokemon)
    *You gain access to the Battle Park, Route 224, and a bunch of new Legends (a ton of new Pokemon)
    *And most importantly, you gain access to the Pal Park (which allows you to migrate Pokemon from the GBA games to D/P).

Don't worry, the National Dex doesn't take long to get- by the time you beat the Elite Four, you should only be a few entries short of completing it.

Also, it is possible to gain National Dex Pokemon before acquiring said Dex, but only through trading.

Years
    I'll just explain things in depth, and you can take what you will from it:

You start off with the Sinnoh Dex, a Pokedex with 150 Pokemon commonly seen around Sinnoh (it's mostly filled with 4th gen Pokemon, obviously, but there are a number of Pokemon from other generations in there). Once you see every Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex (not catch, just see), and beat the Elite Four, Professor Oak himself will give you the National Dex, which contains Pokemon #1-493 (that's all of them, by the way). Once this happens, the game pretty much explodes with new Pokemon:

*You obtain the Pokeradar (which can find new Pokemon in old locations)
    *You obtain the Super Rod (which catches a metric ton of new fish)
    *You unlock Swarms (a ton of Pokemon will swarm in a given location for a day)
    *You unlock dongle Pokemon (insert a GBA Pokemon game into the Slot-2 port, and find a few new Pokemon)
    *You gain access to the Battle Park, Route 224, and a bunch of new Legends (a ton of new Pokemon)
    *And most importantly, you gain access to the Pal Park (which allows you to migrate Pokemon from the GBA games to D/P).

Don't worry, the National Dex doesn't take long to get- by the time you beat the Elite Four, you should only be a few entries short of completing it.

Also, it is possible to gain National Dex Pokemon before acquiring said Dex, but only through trading.
    Thanks Alot..So Im Guessing That I Wont Really Need A GBA Pokemon Game At All Because All The Pokemon Will Already Be In Once I Obtain A National Dex? Btw This Means That I Will Find The Legendary Pokemon From The Other Games As Well Right?..Thanks Alot..I Know Explaining The Samething Over And Over Gets Annoying But I Just Want To Be Sure lol

Detox

Same here(tho i never had any card but a holographic lugia :( ) i stopped playing for a while and stopped watching the anime,but now im back into it

Detox

Battle dimension? its awful...BRING BACK MISTY! whoops....caps lock...

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Thanks Alot..So Im Guessing That I Wont Really Need A GBA Pokemon Game At All Because All The Pokemon Will Already Be In Once I Obtain A National Dex? Btw This Means That I Will Find The Legendary Pokemon From The Other Games As Well Right?..Thanks Alot..I Know Explaining The Samething Over And Over Gets Annoying But I Just Want To Be Sure lol
    No, you're going to need the GBA series if you want to catch or obtain certain Pokémon in Diamond and Pearl. Most Pokémon can be obtained without the use of Pal Park, however; a GBA game must be plugged into the GBA port of the DS in order for certain Pokémon to become obtainable.

For example:
    Once you obtain the National Dex, you'll naturally want to catch some more Pokémon. Let's say you're nostalgic and want to catch a Caterpie. In order to catch a Caterpie on Diamond and Pearl, you must have Fire Red version in the GBA port. If Fire Red is in the GBA port you can encounter Caterpie on Route 204. Without it, the Caterpie will not show up... ever.

Btw This Means That I Will Find The Legendary Pokemon From The Other Games As Well Right?..
    No, sadly you will have to catch the Legendary Pokémon on Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green and then transfer them over via Pal Park.

I hope this helps you. :)

Back