• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

help

supersmashbro93

Game Lover
    Years
    so ive ev trained some pokes but i have no idea how to make a good team so far i have the standard crocune sub-roost zapdos choice band t-tar ddance gyra sd lucario revenge kill weavile and tank set dusknoir. could i make a team from these pokes or do i need something else

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Instead of being lazy, you should actually type out your Pokemon's moves, EVs, natures, items, and everything. Even though your movesets may be standard, we still need the Pokemon presented in full so we can take a good look at them.

supersmashbro93

Game Lover
    Years
    suicune bold @leftovers
    252hp/252def/4spdef
    surf
    rest
    sleep talk
    calm mind

zapdos timid @leftovers
    192hp/64def/252spe
    sub
    roost
    t bolt
    toxic

tyranitar adamant @choice band
    160hp/252atk/96spe
    eq
    stone edge
    crunch
    pursuit

gyrados adamant @leftovers
    252atk/252spe/4def
    ddance
    eq
    ice fang
    waterfall

lucairo adamant @life orb
    252atk/252spe/4spD
    sdance
    cc
    extreme speed
    stone edge

weavile jolly @choice band
    40hp/252atk/216spe
    brick break
    ice shard
    ice punch
    night slash

dusknoir impish @leftovers
    252hp/28atk/228def
    eq
    thunder punch
    will-o-wisp
    pain split

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

That's better.

Tyranitar and Lucario make a good pair. Lucario lures out Ghosts types which Tyranitar can switch into and kill with Pursuit, giving Lucario more chances to use Swords Dance.
    Both of them are weak to Fighting and Ground, so having a Gyarados in your team would also be great.

Anyways, the biggest issue here is that you don't have a good lead for this team. You've got sweepers and walls and all that, but you need a good reliable Pokemon that you can put in your first slot.

Another good Pokemon for this team is Gliscor. Gliscor gets an evasion boost from Sandstorm and gives you an Electric immunity. It can also set up Stealth Rock which is VERY IMPORTANT to every team.

Gliscor @Leftovers
    Jolly Nature
    Sand Veil
    252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spd

-Earthquake
    -Stealth Rock
    -Roost
    -Toxic

Gliscor can make a good lead for your team, but I wouldn't lead with it in this case.

Swampert is one Pokemon that may give you problems and Vaporeon can also be annoying. To beat these Water types, a Grass type would be useful and having Toxic Spikes would also weaken opponent Water Pokemon a lot. So a good lead for your team would be:

Roserade @Focus Sash
    Timid Nature
    Natural Cure
    6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

-Leaf Storm
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Sleep Powder
    -Hidden Power Fire/Sludge Bomb

Finally, since entry hazards have become important, you can add Dusknoir to your team to counter Rapid Spinners.

Roserade/Gliscor/Dusknoir/Gyarados/Tyranitar/Lucario would be your final team.

Hope that helps!

Back