• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

help

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
  • Well lets see here...
    I can't see anything wrong at first glance but instead of using the bucket to do the coloring I just make a new, transparent layer underneath the lineart and proceed to fill in with the base color (erasing anything going past the lines).

Therefore you can right click the color layer (I usually use several for each different color) and select alpha to selection in which you can add the shading and highlights.
    Another problem is that the lineart seems too transparent. Try darkening it using the Brightness/Contrast option under "Colors".

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
    Years
  • Um, it's because your image mode is set to greyscale, not RGB.
    I don't know gimp, I've never used it but I'd guess it'd be in the drop down menus:
    Image>mode> RGB (or just colour, like I say, Idk gimp.)

That'll bring the colours back ^^

Back