• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Here It Goes Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

np7261

Exceeding Excpectations
Years
Wow! Your sprites are so official.

Your first three sprites in the other fakemon need a bit of work. Don't get me wrong, they're still good, they just need something more. Maybe add more facial features or just resprite them adding berries or something of the sort.

Also the flying horse just doesn't look like a pokemon. Try making it face more towards the front and adding darker line art to the fire.

Please keep spriting, it's really inspirational. Your pokemon look so official but sill with your own touch. Good job scarf. Keep em' coming.

Years
picture.php

I was looking at this one and thinking that it sorta gives you mixed emotions on the face, the eyes look as if it is happy, but the mouth seems to tell me that it is in some sort of pain.
I may be the only one who thinks that, but i though i would bring it up.
Also, on the coral, is it? head decor there seems to be small yellow lines that seem mostly useless, and right above that seems to be an extra color that seems to blend in with the pallet a lot, im not seeing the use of either of these, but that is just my opinion.
overall,
allthis is a very good sprite.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
picture.php

I was looking at this one and thinking that it sorta gives you mixed emotions on the face, the eyes look as if it is happy, but the mouth seems to tell me that it is in some sort of pain.
Also, on the coral, is it? head decor there seems to be small yellow lines that seem mostly useless, and right above that seems to be an extra color that seems to blend in with the pallet a lot, im not seeing the use of either of these, but that is just my opinion.
overall,

I think I may be able to help answer to this. I'm thinking the yellow lines are cracks, but that may just be me thinking about reality (coral would dry up if it's out of water for a prolonged period of time). As for the other color, I'm assuming it's just to make the coral more attractive, since there is a yellow line that gives the impression that the coral isn't a part of the pokemon, but rather an attachment.

Years
I think I may be able to help answer to this. I'm thinking the yellow lines are cracks, but that may just be me thinking about reality (coral would dry up if it's out of water for a prolonged period of time). As for the other color, I'm assuming it's just to make the coral more attractive, since there is a yellow line that gives the impression that the coral isn't a part of the pokemon, but rather an attachment.
Thanks for clearing that up, awesome sprites, though.

Years
Wow! Your sprites are so official.

Your first three sprites in the other fakemon need a bit of work. Don't get me wrong, they're still good, they just need something more. Maybe add more facial features or just resprite them adding berries or something of the sort.

Also the flying horse just doesn't look like a pokemon. Try making it face more towards the front and adding darker line art to the fire.

Please keep spriting, it's really inspirational. Your pokemon look so official but sill with your own touch. Good job scarf. Keep em' coming.
I'm glad to be an inspiration.

It's strange you should comment on the line art of the fire. I was trying hard to keep it in the same style as the official sprites.

picture.php
Spr_4h_078_s.png

I suppose upon looking at it again it's not as close a match as it looked when I first made it. The head always did feel like the weakest part. I hope I won't sound defensive when I say I was working off a drawing for this (and that it's really close to that art!)

Of those three you mentioned, I think the second could use a better face. I've tried several times to improve it (and have given up for the time being), but the other two, well, I like the simple faces on them, especially the :3 one.

picture.php

overall,

It's interesting and kind of strange when other people see things in my sprites that I never thought of. Those are some good ideas, but my own reason for putting that yellow line there is because in a previous incarnation this sprite had a lot of uninterrupted blue all over it and I wanted to break that up visually with some other color (purple). That's why there's a yellow zigzag, because I know it's not a super great distinction between blue and purple, but I don't think it's too similar a color to get rid of. I'd rather have some other color besides blue and yellow because that would be a little plain.

I hadn't thought of the expression much beyond making it look good. I kind of see what you're talking about. I don't quite see the 'pained' expression though.

Years
I haven't been making many new sprites lately. Here are old sprites newly improved.

picture.php
picture.php

The similar yellow/blue/purple color scheme is completely accidental.

It seems I still have one of the older sprites hanging around so here it is for fun.

picture.php

Years
I wanted a sprite for my avatar to match my BW theme and since there are no official ones yet I went ahead and made this.

picture.php

I hadn't planned on making it so much like the VS sprites. It just ended up that way since I've practiced with that style. Comments? I know the eyes are a little funny.

Oh, and I forgot to post this little one in my thread so here it is.

picture.php

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
:3 tis a qt. i've never been brave enough to use dot-eyes, but this little berry dude is just mad cute.

or is it a... grape poke? keke

Years
:3 tis a qt. i've never been brave enough to use dot-eyes, but this little berry dude is just mad cute.

or is it a... grape poke? keke
It's a... I don't know. I guess it looks most like a berry. It could be a bunch of grapes though. Anyway, the trick of the eyes was adding the pink cheeks to make it cutesy. It'd be plain otherwise. Really, I couldn't figure out anything good to do with the eyes so I went with something simple since the rest of it is simple.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Wow, you've improved a lot! :D

I really like the new versions of Winkap and the deep sea octopus, and the small details you've added to a lot of the sprites are nice, but... What happened to Mintorn, Marimo, and the little Grass/Bug?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Please do not revive a showcase over a month old that isn't your own.

...and your signature is too big. You should probably get that checked out. ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back