• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Herlo! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    thanks folks!! well i've got news... I'M DONE!!...

well not necessarily. i'm only done spriting NEW fakemon. as of now, i'm completely respriting my older sprites to (1) reduce the palette, and (2) make em awesome looking! a lot of my fakemonsters have new looks, especially Tadturp, Wogspur and Frondit (my grass starter line). there are some other fakemon that i haven't revealed to you all that i'm respriting but you won't be able to see them until they are implemented into the hack i'm spriting for, Chaos Black. but here's a little taste of what i'm doing:

well lookee there, it's amorswan!! hot as a fox if i may say so myself ;)

EDIT: well lookee down here, look who else has come to say hello:

it's dinol... again! except now, it's been resized for GBA limits. strangely enough, the GBA sprite looks 10x better than the pixel art. is it just me? o.o

Last edited:

Icey-Chan

The icey master.
    Years
    Hi, sorry if I'm being a bother, but I'm an Admin in a Pokemon RPG forum, and we are looking for a spriter. These sprites are amazing. Your help would be apprciated,but if you aren't interested, seeing as you are already spriting for Chaos Balck, that's okay. If you are, though, please pm me.

Thanks ^.^

I sound like a business man. Don't make fun of me. >>

Samson

Years
    the old dinol? but it was weird looking... lol thanks tho, DR =)

and icey, i try to be as nice as i can on forum boards, but i can NEVER be as nice as i am honest... i looked at your site's pokedex (yes, ALL of it), and i wasn't amused. i'm sorry, i must sound like a total arse considering you just complimented my sprites, but i wasn't going to ignore you in my own thread =/... and as you know, i AM already involved in Chaos Black which doesn't measure to being a full-time university student. sorry, but i am sure that you if try hard enough, you can improve your spriting skills. go for it... connect 4. ^.^

ok, well i'm done redoing sprites and reducing palettes. it all comes down to backsprites. i've got my starter line fakemonsters' backsprites done, and geez, they're pretty tough. i looked at a lot of the backsprites from FR/LG, and i gotta say... backsprite shading is so random. in some, the lighting comes from the top right, while others the top left. so when spriting them, i decided to screw perfection and just make them. they're quite ugly...

sorry folks, but that's all i can show!

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
    wow

there not ugly at all man , these are by far the best fakemon ive ever , ever seen , cant wait to see even more of your fakemons, are you gonna make a fakedex???

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    I think it's best top-right. Just imagine the view of your Fakemon from in front. The light's coming from top left, no? So just imagine it turns around, so the light would be coming from the top right.

And those backsprites are awesome. I can't wait to see how Dinol's backsprite would be.

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    Is there a hack for these? That would be awesome! Someone should make one soon.

Samson

Years
    thanks... i might make a fakedex when i'm done with everything. i actually am contemplaying on whether to sprite these sketches that are looking better every time i look at them. and YES, as i've mentioned all throughout the thread, these fakemonsters will be in the Chaos Black hack.

ok, PUBLIC GIFT TIME!!

Dinol sprite AND backsprite. feel free to use them for whatever you want. if it concerns a game or hack, here is the *glorified* information and moveset:
    Instrument Poke - Normal [Pound, Sing, Uproar, Supersonic, Belly Drum, Perish Song, Screech, Hyper Voice, Slam, Teeter Dance]

stats, move levels and dex information is all up to you, but ChaosBlack will have the actual information when it comes out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2015
    That looks SO awesome!
    I'm in love with your pre-evo's!
    although I don't really like your brambory and knifish...
    The Illumise and Volbeat Evolutions look extremly cool though, keep it up!

EDIT: Do you mind if I use your sprites as a concept for custom overworld pokemon sprites?
    I currently got other things on my mind however, if I finish them I could show them to you
    and I might use them in my game aswell, if you're okay with that of course.

Raubie

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    All are amazing, you surpass half of the Nintendo sprites themselves, the shading and anatomy are perfect.

I love your Wesul and Dunspargo.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Hmm, I think I need to remind you folks that more constructive messages are actually a requirement in the PA section. If you're going to comment on the sprites, back it up with reason instead of just leaving it as a simple comment.

And JBCBlank, you are not allowed to by pass the 25 character limit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back