• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HEY ARAGORNBIRD

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    I've come back to lurk/troll for a bit and see what Aragornbird thinks of this one:

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Shell Armor
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spd / 252 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Spikes

Magneton @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 252 HP / 188 Spd / 68 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Metal Sound
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 240 HP / 80 Def / 20 Spd / 48 SAtk / 120 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Psychic
    - Recover
    - Reflect

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 4 Spd / 76 SAtk / 56 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 212 Atk / 44 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Focus Punch
    - Hidden Power [Bug]
    - Rock Slide
    - Substitute

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 212 HP / 16 Atk / 96 Def / 124 Spd / 60 SDef
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Flying]
    - Roar

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I've come back to lurk/troll for a bit and see what Aragornbird thinks of this one:

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Spikes

Never really used cloyster...so I can't help there.

Magneton @ Leftovers
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Metal Sound
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt

Never used magneton either, but it looks fine...

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Psychic
    - Recover
    - Reflect

Alright, this seems to work too, though maybe putting in CM would help because of your lack of a special wall.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

I prefer cursepert, but w/e. Never used that set, but it seems like could work.

- Focus Punch
    - Hidden Power [Bug]
    - Rock Slide
    - Substitute

Uh, yeah, it's fine.

- Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Flying]
    - Roar

This is a rather unfamiliar Mence set...I guess it could work, though my opinion is kinda useless here...

As Penguin mentioned, you don't have a special wall...but otherwise, your team looks pretty strong. Nothing else I can spot at the moment.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • While that is true, my real purpose was to see how many idiots would try fixing this team with DP strategies.
    Or you just came back to have me flaunt DP around your face again and continue to force you to play it :p

That's what you want, don't you? YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT
    SYNCHRONIZE CATCHES SAME NATURED POKEMON IN DIAMOND AND PEARL said:
    Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin
    - Explosion
    - Spikes
    Christ Synch, both you AND I know that Cloyster's SDef sucks for ****s.
    And he hasn't the HP to pull a RestTalk =/

Magneton @ Leftovers
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Metal Sound
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt
    Magneton

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Psychic
    - Recover
    - Reflect
    Reflect Celebi

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    Baramos

- Focus Punch
    - Hidden Power [Bug]
    - Rock Slide
    - Substitute
    Wrecking Ball Tyranitar

- Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Flying]
    - Roar
    Let me guess, you use Roar to Roar out Switch-Forcing Skarmorys and Forretress? CLEVER.
    Choice Specs Gengar Rapes this team
    I see Zapdos walking in and out on this team.

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    A Zapdos that has to go through Celebi, Swampert, and Magneton goes through my team. Stay away from Advance Icemang. Also, Cloyster SDef is low, but there are unstabbed Hidden Powers and etc. that it can fend off. Special Walls are overrated, and if no one has noticed, the only reason I would need a Special Wall is for Raikou, which is the only thing that completely sweeps this team.

And no, Ice, DP is still a **** metagame.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • A Zapdos that has to go through Celebi, Swampert, and Magneton goes through my team. Stay away from Advance Icemang. Also, Cloyster SDef is low, but there are unstabbed Hidden Powers and etc. that it can fend off. Special Walls are overrated, and if no one has noticed, the only reason I would need a Special Wall is for Raikou, which is the only thing that completely sweeps this team.

And no, Ice, DP is still a **** metagame.

I agree that D/P is a crazy boring metagame compared to advance's metagame...but what about CMcune? If your few threats to it are gone, it too kinda drills this team...but that's only if it doesn't have ice beam I suppose, since Mence can roar it away. Just watch for that. Otherwise, since you don't want a special wall, the team is fine. 3 of your pokemon are weak to fighting attacks, if that means anything...pretty much point at CBcross.

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Yes, I thought of Ice Beam cune right after I posted. :P

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Really though, there isn't much else I can really see...I mean, my brain usually turns off after two days of football, but it looks pretty solid as long as the legendary dogs aren't around...entei lol. A pokemon with earthslide is kinda annoying, since 4 of your pokemon are weak to it, but swampert resists it pretty well, and teamed up with decent prediction, you shouldn't have many problems.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    *Oh God*
    Don't you think you've lost your luster - you seem to be stuck in the 3rd gen.
    And, just because the D/P Metagame makes more sense, you're saying it's boring.
    And "troll" is pretty damn accurate to what you're doing.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • But...advance's metagame was more fun...when pokemon had some charm left in it...besides, his team is pretty darn good...I fail to see how that is trolling...besides the title maybe, but I've seen worse.

I've noticed a lack of a spinner. You might wanna put one in, and same goes for a heal beller, though they aren't REALLY necessary.

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    *Oh God*

Lol. Yes, the metagame that allows a complete idiot that could never win in the previous generations to be able to 2-3HKO that Blissey with an ice attack makes a lot more sense. Seriously, the only reason the metagame changed is because someone complained to Nintendo about not having the intelligence to counter/play around common OU Pokemon.

And as to the referral of a spinner, the original idea here was that Magneton would take care of the main steel-type spinners. Granted Cloyster is seeing more use lately, but that only forces me to try and predict it more often.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    I think it was more along the lines of:
    "Why isn't Ice PUNCH physical?"
    "Because of those 3rd gen whores obsessed with McIceGar"

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    I think it was more along the lines of:
    "Why isn't Ice PUNCH physical?"
    "Because of those 3rd gen whores obsessed with McIceGar"

No, that would be an invalid question, seeing as Ice Beam exists. No one would use Gengar's amazing special attack stat as a reason to ask "Why isn't Ice Punch physical?"

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Really, people, don't make this a 3rd generation vs 4th generation topic. Rate/discuss the team, but don't start arguing about what's logical and what's not; after all, the game is about sticking monsters into balls and making them beat the snot out of each other, not the most logical game I can think of.

And for future reference, 3rd gen is much more strategic than 4th gen, but in the end it's just a matter of personal preference and even though I've mostly moved to 4th generation now, (because of those darn Netbattle servers being down most of the time and the fact that my new computer hates the program for some reason. <.<) I still prefer 3rd gen over it and you, Purfugly, or anyone else for that matter has no right judge anyone else's preferences. Thank you.

Years
  • *Oh God*

4th gen is a crap metagame dude, it breaks all the laws of pokemon basicly.

Speed tiers are nerfed because of choice scarf, most special walls are nerfed because of stealth rocks and nasty plot, etc.

And even past that, umby is a great battler that knows damn well how bad D/P is and how bad gamefreak screwed up.

I would flame and everything but Im here just cause of umby :D

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    4th gen is a crap metagame dude, it breaks all the laws of pokemon basicly.

Speed tiers are nerfed because of choice scarf, most special walls are nerfed because of stealth rocks and nasty plot, etc.

And even past that, umby is a great battler that knows damn well how bad D/P is and how bad gamefreak screwed up.

I would flame and everything but Im here just cause of umby :D

Gah harsh, but I know Gamefreak did what your saying "crap" for a reason

Arcon-Death

I can haz ur hackz nao?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    *Claps a bit* good team, if you replace salamance w/ dragonite, along w/ changing the 1-3 3rd gen moves, it would also be an awesome G/S/C team.

Now to the off-topic topic... Both gens have their pros and cons, if you hate 4th gen, then wait for a good DS emulator and make a D/P hack that fixes the "mistakes" as you call them... Seriously IcePunch should be physical PUNCH you know w/ ur fist, a PHYSICAL ACTION lol, I still prefer D/P, only for Electrive[electivire?? i call him Electrive, seems like a better name to me] being an awesome Electric pokemon w/ the right egg move [though the same results could be achieved thru Electabuzz

Last edited:

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • No, that would be an invalid question, seeing as Ice Beam exists. No one would use Gengar's amazing special attack stat as a reason to ask "Why isn't Ice Punch physical?"
    Godammit Synch must I repeat myself when I say ICE PUNCH WAS MEANT TO BE PHYSICAL IN THE FIRST PLACE?

You're only upset because of the Physical / Special Split, which makes perfect ****ing sense actually.

Years
  • Godammit Synch must I repeat myself when I say ICE PUNCH WAS MEANT TO BE PHYSICAL IN THE FIRST PLACE?

You're only upset because of the Physical / Special Split, which makes perfect ****ing sense actually.

Iceman is going to be mad when he's the only person on netbattle when everyone shifts to competitor. Unless you count the barilian nobos on it.

Seriously, the game is unbalanced with the new changes, and only an idiot couldn't see it in the begining. The only reason I still play is because Im a pokemon junkie. >>

Back