• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game] Hey, does anyone know what brushes or brush packs I can use in Krita to replicate Sugimori's style?

Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Nov 10, 2023
I've searched far and wide for any brushes similar to Sugimori's new style to no avail. It would be nice to find something.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Just to clarify, Sugimori isn't the only artist and there's no confirmation he's the one doing the rendering since gen 5.

Anyway, I'm fairly certain that the outline is done using a standard GPen, which should come standard in most art programs now. The newer artstyle just tunes down the wobbliness of the GPen's bleeding effect, which I'm sure you have access to altering in the programs listed. Outside of that, the color and shading techniques don't require any specific brushes and are more handled by the layer blending options and the actual stroke techniques you use.

Back