• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey guys, new to the community!

Redrup

The Gentleman
    Years
    Just wanted to give a quick introduction.

My name is Will, I have been playing Pokemon on and off since the originals of Blue and Red, many moons ago.

I've only recently gotten back into the game, and have decided to play one of the more recent versions of Pokemon, but I've yet to decide which one to stick with.

Anyway, nice to meet you all.

Redrup

The Gentleman
    Years
    Shall do.

Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks for the suggestion and the friendly welcome Duskwire.

I am very tempted by Platinum, however coming back to the games, I'd like to take it a bit more seriously this time and perhaps do this 'EV training' that everybody seems to be raving about. My issue is, that I heard you can't 'reset' EVs in Platinum, but you can in Emerald, which is why I think Emerald might be easier for a beginner like myself.

Thoughts?

Hmm, well if you aren't all that interested in the newest games, I'd suggest FireRed or LeafGreen. They are remakes for the Game Boy Advance of Red and Blue (the best games made in the series if you ask me).

EV Training is something I don't do, so I wouldn't know which game to suggest when it comes to that, sorry :/.

I've got a save on Leaf Green currently, and am enjoying it actually. :) Was looking for another of the newer versions of the game to play alongside it.

No worries about the EV advice, but I will give Platinum a try like you said I think. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Welcome, Redrup. If you're looking for a recent game to play, defiantly pick Platinum. Also, remakes of Gold, Silver and Crystal are coming out for the DS in Spring 2010 (for the US and Europe), so keep an eye out for those! Read the Rules and FAQ's too!! Feel free to PM/VM me if you wanna chat.

Thanks for the suggestion and the friendly welcome Duskwire.

I am very tempted by Platinum, however coming back to the games, I'd like to take it a bit more seriously this time and perhaps do this 'EV training' that everybody seems to be raving about. My issue is, that I heard you can't 'reset' EVs in Platinum, but you can in Emerald, which is why I think Emerald might be easier for a beginner like myself.

Thoughts?

Hmm, well if you aren't all that interested in the newest games, I'd suggest FireRed or LeafGreen. They are remakes for the Game Boy Advance of Red and Blue (the best games made in the series if you ask me).

EV Training is something I don't do, so I wouldn't know which game to suggest when it comes to that, sorry :/.

I've got a save on Leaf Green currently, and am enjoying it actually. :) Was looking for another of the newer versions of the game to play alongside it.

No worries about the EV advice, but I will give Platinum a try like you said I think. Thanks again.

Well then Emerald or Platinum would defiantly work for you. Anytime ^^. If you have any questions or wanna chat, like I said, feel free to PM/VM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi I'm xxxLatiasxxx I've been playing pokemon since I was six years old if you want to be friends just send me an invite well anyway welcome to PC.

xMizuOokami

Message Me On Your Wii >
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    Nice to meet you!
    Im xMizuOokami, Call me Mizu
    Lol gratzz on joining, do you plan on getting/playing HG/SS??

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Some competitive-battler correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the EV-reducing berries are still in Platinum, and you can still "erase" those unwanted values. I've never been much into EV-training and the like myself, but I'm fairly certain that's correct.

Any who, welcome aboard the community, Redrup.

Hope you're able to rekindle that same interest in the games that you had back in the days of old. Around 90% of the reason I still play is for the sake of nostalgia. XD

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
    Meh, Im an EV Trainer and I believe they're still around but if theirs another competitive battler around, corrent me.

Anyways, welcome to the community ! If you're Ev training then odds are you're interested in competitive battling so join the S&M section.

Welcome to PC and <insert random intro stuff>. Have a nice day ! (:

Redrup

The Gentleman
    Years
    Thanks guys, I think I'll be fine around here, seems like everyone's willing to help which makes a nice change to the forums I've been on before.

Mizu, I do plan to get one of them at first, then perhaps the other one shortly after. :)

Hiidoran and Thoughts, thank you very much for the information. I'll start playing Platinum soon then, and I think I'll probably find my way into the competitive battling section before long.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Welcome, Redrup, to The PokéCommunity. :D It's good to see you getting back into the games - I myself have recently (well, three months ago) gotten back into the games and into this community. I hope to see you around. :)

engage'

a new horizon
    Years
    Hi, and welcome. ;D
    Feel free to ask questions of anyone here, I'm sure they will be able to give you an answer.
    Please read the rules before posting. :>
    I hope you enjoy your stay!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    newbie newbie newbie newbie newbie newbie newbie newbie
    newbie newbie newbie newbie newbie newbie newbie newbie

...anyways, welcome to PC. :D

Hope you have a great time here~ And make sure to read the rules! :o

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Welcome to the forums redrup! Make yourself right at home, ok?

Redrup

The Gentleman
    Years
    Thanks again guys. :) I've been looking around the multitude of different sections on the forum, and have found out plenty of info about things I didn't know about.

Great resources on this site. Might end up donating to help keep it going at this rate.

Back