• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey there, future friend!

Izayyee

Mr. Mime's Dancing Shadow
    Years
    • Age 23
    • They/Them
    • NY
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    Hey! I'm Izzy, and I'm terrible at introductions.

I've been playing Pokémon for almost 15 years, and still can't stand my OG nemesis, the "Lightning American". However, FR/LG remains my favorite installation of the series, with HG/SS and B&W/2 coming in a close second and third, respectively. Currently, I am writing up lore for a post-apocalyptic Pokémon RomHack inspired by Africa and the Middle East, with the mechanics and feel of the Gen V games. It's in a very bare-bones state as I am still coming up with names of places, new types, 'mon and character designs, background and so on, but in my mind it's a horror themed project. So, I figured I would come to here and reddit so that I can update the community and get a feel for what fellow fans like, hate and want in a game. I am terrible (a dumpster fire) at programming, spiriting and the ultra-talented parts of world-building, but I'm awesome at writing and dialogue, character designs, mechanics, as well as contributing ideas that will enrich quality of gameplay and memorability, and in turn, player happiness :))

If you're interested in what the project has to offer and want to contribute to the project in any way, let me know! This isn't a no heavy-lifting, "sit back and relax" ploy from me either, I want to bring this to life and make something that people will enjoy and come to cherish, that will exceed people's expectations and make them think "I didn't know I wanted this but now I can't imagine a game without it". If you want to chat Pokémon, I'm down for that too! In short, as long as the convo isn't dry, I will bug you. My current favorite typing is
    poison, but the ice-type has a special place in my heart. Asking me to pick a favorite Pokémon is like pulling teeth....so you've been warned.

** My pronouns are they/them. Stay safe! Be kind! Be true to youuuuuuu : ))

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey Izzy, welcome to the forums!

Your ROM hack sounds super interesting! I'd love to see what you're able to do with it once it's a little later in development. I wish you the best of luck! :) Also completely relate on not being able to pick a favorite pokemon lol.

Back