• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey there!

Years
  • Hello everyone! I'm Katie, and I.. am a new member here! I'm from the US (Mass. specifically), and love to play Pokemon games, and recently the TCG! I'm really a very shy person, but I'm more outgoing online (isn't everyone?). My hobbies include drawing (kind of badly, heh), listening to nifty music, and playing video games!

Oh and.. I used to be a real big anime nerd (still kind of am), and have been attending cons recently too - Anime Boston the last two years, PAX East this year, and AAC is coming up this weekend!

Since Pokemon came out, I've been in love with it, especially the games - my first video game was Pokemon Yellow! Recently, I picked up collecting Pokemon cards again, like I did as a kid. A friend of mine also taught me how to play, and it's really fun! I'm thinking about joining a local league once I make a deck or two.

This forum seems to have a pretty great community, I look forward to making friends! Thanks for taking a look!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    welcome to the forums - it's chalk full on information!
    (p.s. nice teddy bear)

Years
  • Thanks for the welcome! I am really looking forward to getting involved in projects and just some great discussions here. I'll definitely stay and have fun! Again, thanks!

Ayselipera

Oh hey other Mass resident. :) It's such a rarity that I find another one of us here. Are you from western Mass or eastern?

There's been such an influx of new members interested in the TCG lately. You of course being one of them. That's good though that you're into it, that section could really use a bit more activity! The link is right here if you'd like to check it out.

Well you learn something new everyday! I didn't even know there were local leagues around here. :o Unfortunately all my cards are pretty old (mostly base, fossil, and jungle sets.) and I don't think you can use them anymore or to an extent? Correct me if wrong!

Yeah our community isn't that bad at all! I think you'll find everyone is pretty friendly and willing to talk to you. I suppose you may come across a few bad apples, but even then deep down they're sickeningly sweet. xD Have fun here!

Years
  • Hey! Thanks for the welcome :) - I'm from eastern Mass, you?

And yeah, I checked out the TCG board yesterday... nooot exactly the liveliest place, heh. Oh and uh, the closest leage to me is in Arlington! I would need to get my license to be able to get there though, which I am working on getting ;) You can use the event locator on pokemon.com to find the league closest to you!

Yeah, you need to use newer cards. Besides just having a rule for this, the new cards are a lot more powerful! A Stage 1 Pokemon could be easily bested from a good Basic Pokemon from the newer expansions!

I'd say get a starter deck, and then maybe buy some tins? A starter deck or two will get you lots of energies and a bunch of new cards that work together well! And a tin or booster box would be great too - the booster boxes are usually around 80-90 bucks though, and a tin gives you four packs and one or two special cards for only 15! (that's like having a free pack, since an individual one is about 5.)

Hah, sorry, really rambled there. Anyways, thanks again for the welcome, I love this forum already :D

Back