• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hey there!

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Hello everyone, my name is PRXTXTYPE (I know it's hard to read, but it says "prototype" xD). Never been a part of an online Pokemon community, though I've been a huge fan for ~6 years. And, of course, I've never been a part of an offline Pokefan community either, since the gaming side of a franchise is extremely unpopular in my country. Unlike the anime, which I can't get into.
    I love videogames and different kinds of art, as well as in-depth reads or video essays on both. If I had to pick just one thing that I'm most dedicated to / interested in - then it would've been music.
    Came here to trade Pokemon, ask silly questions and discuss things :)

Years
  • Hello, Prxtxtype, and welcome to the forums!
    I am sorry to hear the gaming side of a franchise is unpopular in your country... I hope PokéCommunity will be to your liking!

To trade, you might want to check Trade Corner section.
    Which generation did you play first ?

You will find plenty of places to discuss here!
    Feel free to ask any question you have!

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Thank you all so much ^_^
    Which generation did you play first ?
    I started with the third generation, Pokemon FireRed was my very first Pokemon game, though it was already 2016 and I had the choice to play some newer games, I still decided to start my journey from the very beginning (thought I never played any original 1st or 2nd generation games, just remakes). I enjoyed my first playthrough so much. When I finished the game (and I vividly remember that it was very challenging for me at the Elite Four and while trying to catch Articuno) I was completely hooked and excited to try out some newer games.

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Are you currently playing any Pokemon games?
    Yes! Right now I'm in post-game stage both in Pokemon Ultra Moon and Pokemon Legends: Arceus. Though I've got Pokemon Ultra Moon over than a year ago (1.5 years ago, most likely), I've never made it to the second half of the game, until a couple of months back. But yeah, I'm playing these games slow, taking breaks and stuff. I haven't played PLA in a couple of months too, but still want to see everything post-game has to offer.
    Do you have any Pokemon merch?
    Not very much of it, since it's hard to get in my country. I've got myself a small collection of TCG cards (probably around 300 cards or something), before TCG left from my country and stopped selling any packs or even started decks in 2018-2019th. Right now you can only buy these at the 10x price. Got some figurines / statues, Omega Ruby limited edition with steelbook and Groudon figurine, some clothes (t-shirt, socks, key trinket).
    Not much, but yeah xD It's difficult to get any merch here, especially since the average wage in my city is about 400-450 when converted to USD and we don't have any official Pokemon merch stores with localised prices.

Years
  • Thank you all so much ^_^

I started with the third generation, Pokemon FireRed was my very first Pokemon game, though it was already 2016 and I had the choice to play some newer games, I still decided to start my journey from the very beginning (thought I never played any original 1st or 2nd generation games, just remakes). I enjoyed my first playthrough so much. When I finished the game (and I vividly remember that it was very challenging for me at the Elite Four and while trying to catch Articuno) I was completely hooked and excited to try out some newer games.

Fire Red was great indeed, with the added Sevii islands, ... I enjoyed playing it too, with the same starter (and top favourite pokémon from the start ^^), Charizard!
    I definitely recommend you try the other games, especially the 2nd and 3rd generations or their remakes, and Black/White 2!
    After that, there are the ROM hacks and the fan games!

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    I completed the game with Charizard, so it makes it my first Pokemon ever :) Yep, it's great!
    I played SoulSilver and Omega Ruby, as well as original Emerald. Loved OR so much, it was a good time in my life as well :) Poured hundreds of hours into it.
    Never played B/W2, but I completed the first one, it was Black version for me, and I loved it as well. It felt like a completely new experience with all new mons, just as the new setting as a whole. Music, atmosphere, Castelia city. Wish we could get a remake for B/W at some point in time. But from what I've already seen / heard about B/W2, it's successfully built upon its originals and was welcomed by many with much more people, so the odds of getting remakes for B/W2 are kinda higher xD Anyway, I'm yet to touch B/W2. Probably it's going to be my next game after I finish with post-game content in UM and PLA. But it's probably going to take me two months or so, and in two months we're getting S/V, so...xD

Years
  • I completed the game with Charizard, so it makes it my first Pokemon ever :) Yep, it's great!
    I played SoulSilver and Omega Ruby, as well as original Emerald. Loved OR so much, it was a good time in my life as well :) Poured hundreds of hours into it.
    Never played B/W2, but I completed the first one, it was Black version for me, and I loved it as well. It felt like a completely new experience with all new mons, just as the new setting as a whole. Music, atmosphere, Castelia city. Wish we could get a remake for B/W at some point in time. But from what I've already seen / heard about B/W2, it's successfully built upon its originals and was welcomed by many with much more people, so the odds of getting remakes for B/W2 are kinda higher xD Anyway, I'm yet to touch B/W2. Probably it's going to be my next game after I finish with post-game content in UM and PLA. But it's probably going to take me two months or so, and in two months we're getting S/V, so...xD

B/W 2 certainly is one of the best! It has the most means to train a full team (League, high level trainers, 20+ Rare Candies, and especially the Black Tower / White Tree - best training place of all games in my opinion!), a gallery you get to own and can dedicate entirely in raising pokémon's happiness, and a treasure in sunken ruins which you can sell to a collectioner for more than 1 million pokédollars!

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Sounds amazing :) Definitely going to play B/W2 in the nearest future. Maybe, I will start playing it at the same time with S/V games. Might get nostalgic with it xD Had some sweet memories with B/W1 and that particular time period in my life, just as with OR.
    What are your top 6 of all Pokemon games?
    And also what are your top 6 Pokemon (just Pokemon, not the games xD)?
    Also I've just completed episod RR in UM...55 big nuggets caught me unaware, but thanks to the existence of Kommo-o outfit, these came In handy and now I'm just as broke as I was before xD

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Whoops, I forgot to quote your last post so you might've missed my response.

Years
  • Whoops, I forgot to quote your last post so you might've missed my response.

It is fine, I come to check every day if I can.
    55 Big Nuggets is a lot! XD

For my personal top 6, I would say : Red (the nostalgia ^^), Gold (same ^^), Fire Red, Black 2, Ruby, Yellow.
    For the 6 favourite pokémon, in descending order : Charizard (all time favourite!), Gardevoir, Mew (so cute, but also can learn every move!), Salamence, Zapdos and Mewtwo.
    How about you ?

Back