• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hey, you! Would you like to take a survey?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    No, this is not spam. xD;

Hey, you! Would you like to take a survey?

The Passing Survey part of the C-Gear can be activated by going to the Passerby Analytics HQ and choosing a survey to ask people - everything from "Which version is most popular?" to "What do you want to become the most?". Have you found use for that function, or do you just ignore it? Do you leave your DS on in hopes that you'll pass by someone and collect survey data so you can get that top SS rank?

I personally didn't even know how to use it until recently, and even then...I tend to leave my C-Gear off, and never walk around with my DS closed but not off. I would rather use my battery life to actually play than to collect surveys, and considering the top prizes are Nuggets and Rare Bones, I don't really see the reason to do it.​

Houli

Elite Four
    Years
    A lot of the stuff added in Black and White is mainly pointless. The whole Black City/White Forest is a huge joke especially for those living in rural areas. Not everyone has friends with Black/White. It would have been acceptable as a WiFi feature but one that requires local wireless is ridiculous. The same goes for these surveys. The information probably ends up in the marketing departments hands.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    lolomg I was just wondering if anyone would make a thread on this yesterday.

I honestly don't care about this. When I first saw this I thought "kay this is interesting..." then after him explaining, I'm like "what?"

Yeaaah, I have no use for this survey feature. :(

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
    I don't really see the reason for this feature. =/ Kinda pointless and useless if there isn't any other players nearby. Best place to use it would be at a Pokémon event or con, which I'll be trying next time I go.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I did attempt to use this feature, but apparently, no one around my area has this game. Looks like the feature is mostly useless - I'll need to get together with my friends for it to work at all.

Years
    Occasionally I'll walk around with the C-Gear on to collect survey. I think its kind of interesting seeing other peoples answers to the survey question. The only thing is it drains battery life so thats why I don't do it that often.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    A lot of the stuff added in Black and White is mainly pointless. The whole Black City/White Forest is a huge joke especially for those living in rural areas. Not everyone has friends with Black/White. It would have been acceptable as a WiFi feature but one that requires local wireless is ridiculous. The same goes for these surveys. The information probably ends up in the marketing departments hands.

^-----sums up my whole thoughts about theres version differences, even though id add the fact you cant see any of the version exclusive pokemon (or the white forest pokemon) except the goth/single cell,&ying yang pokemon

Its all a huge bloody joke, to get people to buy both, in the end i think White is better,but i hate white forest cuz i never get bagon and aron >.> and i usually only get pokemon who need to be trade evolved, I may be in Boone,NC but NOONE plays pokemon in this town, nor does anyone walk around with a DS that has Black& White, their all too busy in college ya know?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I answered the survey, but unless you're somewhere like an anime/gaming convention where a lot of others are also playing B/W, it's pretty much useless because there's nobody around to share your results with.

Back