• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Heyo: About Me

Years
  • Hey everyone,
    Been quite a while since I last browsed on here but figured I should make an intro. I go by Curi and about 10 years ago, I took a break from playing any sort of ROM hacks, occasionally dabbling in ROM hacks here and there but never really having time to get back into it with life being what it is. Recently had an interest in this again sparked by a FB group I joined so started playing again and I am currently working on a playthrough of Pokemon Unbound. I did previously work on a fan translation project for Pokemon Black and White were the new thing but that was the extent of what I've done. I see the communities around Pokemon ROM hacks have definitely changed since I was away but I'm looking forward to seeing what the community has put together during the time I was away from all this and can't wait to play some weird and interesting takes on the Pokemon world!

I'll see ya around the threads guys,
    -Curi

Years
  • Hello, Curisu, and welcome back to the forums! It is great to see people who used to be into Pokémon years ago coming back for more (like me ^^)!
    I hope you are enjoying your run on Pokémon Unbound! Have you tried some fan games as well ? There are some great ones I could suggest to you if you want!
    See you around!

Years
  • Hello, Curisu, and welcome back to the forums! It is great to see people who used to be into Pokémon years ago coming back for more (like me ^^)!
    I hope you are enjoying your run on Pokémon Unbound! Have you tried some fan games as well ? There are some great ones I could suggest to you if you want!
    See you around!

I'm loving Unbound so far and just patched up Darkfire, Saiph, and Sors and threw those onto my 3DS as well to give those a shot, they looked pretty good! I'd love to have some recommendations for some fan games too - fan games are often some of the best stuff (especially when they go against the normal "I wanna be a pokemon master" formula lol)

Years
  • Well, most fan games are staying close to "get badges, fight evil teams, beat League", but they are still nice, with great cities and areas, side-quests, fan created pokémon, twists, well developped characters, ...
    In my opinion, Insurgence is the best (900+ pokémon to collect, cool looking delta pokémon included, long and rewarding trip, lots of areas to find and explore, ...), but there is also Solar Light / Lunar Dark (full of fan created pokémon), Zeta / Omicron, Uranium (not finished sadly, but great run, up to the League). And if you are into challenges, tough battles and hairpulling puzzles (good thing there are guides XD), Reborn (this game is where I got inspired by an original character, to create my own ^^)!

Years
  • Well, most fan games are staying close to "get badges, fight evil teams, beat League", but they are still nice, with great cities and areas, side-quests, fan created pokémon, twists, well developped characters, ...
    In my opinion, Insurgence is the best (900+ pokémon to collect, cool looking delta pokémon included, long and rewarding trip, lots of areas to find and explore, ...), but there is also Solar Light / Lunar Dark (full of fan created pokémon), Zeta / Omicron, Uranium (not finished sadly, but great run, up to the League). And if you are into challenges, tough battles and hairpulling puzzles (good thing there are guides XD), Reborn (this game is where I got inspired by an original character, to create my own ^^)!

I'll have to check out Insurgence and I'll put Solar Light/Lunar Dark and Zeta/Omicron on my radar. I have played Uranium and been playing it since before the whole "Nintendo threatening legal action to Uranium team" fiasco but can say it is definitely one of the good ones! I came across Reborn during my time here so far but I'm usually not into games with super hard battles but love super hard puzzles but, with your recommendation, maybe I'll try to push through and give it a go. Thanks for the advise (and you shall now forever be know as "Best Gardevoir" in my book now XD)

Back