• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG/SS Championship

Years
    The Pokemon HG/SS Video Game Championship is coming up.
    Is anyone thinking of going or has anyone ever been?
    I kind of am, but I'm not one of those people who breeds the perfect Pokemon and does all of the IV/EV training or whatever, and I think most people there will be like that.
    But you can get a shiny Eevee for just going and watching!

(I'm new and I'm not sure if this belongs in this forum because it's for HG/SS only, or if to put it in the Wi Fi forum,, sorry!)

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I actually want to go, despite my competitive record being 0 for a lot (mainly due to a lack of ability to make a competitive team, but I'm much better now). Hopefully, I'll be able to make it to the fifth round (my personal goal).

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Can you provide a link to wtf your talking about...

Years
    I was thinking of going, I even have a team prepared for it, but decided against it. Some people take it way to seriously (RNGing for perfect IVs, best possible moveset, some people even travel across the country to the qualifier with less experienced battlers.), and frankly, it just ruins the fun. :( Everyone is using Rain teams, or maybe a Trick Room team. I suppose the people that really go the extra mile to win will do so... Good for them.

I also live in Oregon, and I don't feel like heading all the way up to Seattle. 3:

Last edited:
    Years
    I might enter the Dallas one...except im not a battle savvy trainer...meh...idk what these events are like...anyone have info on them? anyone think this is kind of soon?
    All the info known so far is on that site, and it's happening around the same time it does every year. The events are pretty fun. Even if you lose you can trade/battle many fellow Pokemon fans. Basically just a Pokemon convention.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    All the info known so far is on that site, and it's happening around the same time it does every year. The events are pretty fun. Even if you lose you can trade/battle many fellow Pokemon fans. Basically just a Pokemon convention.

Problem is I'm moving on the 3rd of May to NC where there are no events nearby at all <.< I hate NC...sigh...hopefully I can visit the 29th to go...its 32 minutes from my current house...

IDK what I should do thought I reset my SS so Imma have to beat it and get a team...idk if I can do all of that in that time...

Years
    No events in the Midwest??? WTF?!

And no, the Indy event doesn't count as it's the National Championships... this is total BS, they couldn't give Minneapolis or Chicago or heck, even Milwaukee an event? Not all of us are able to travel cross country at the drop of a hat... :(

Years
    I might go to the Dallas one, but I know that the "perfect" trainers will be there.
    Hey if I lose early enough, I can to go Six Flags!

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I might go to the Dallas one, but I know that the "perfect" trainers will be there.
    Hey if I lose early enough, I can to go Six Flags!

If you do go we can meet up over there :P

Years
    Wow..never done any events like this before. I don't know that my team will be tough enough to win anything substantial, but it seems like fun! I might go to the San Mateo one...

!?

Akitakeshi
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    I was part of the 10th aniversery competition. It was fun, so I might take part in this one now that I'm better at the game.

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
    Years
    Most of the people in this tournement will have made their pokemon absolutely perfect and will play ruthlessly not paying any attention to defense or anything other than KOing all the pokemon really quickly so i will probably just beg my parents to take me to the birmingham one

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I'd like to go, ya' know, just for the Eevee. Unfortunately, though, there aren't any locations near where I am. =(

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    I would love to go, it would be awesome, but sadly, none of the events are close to my location. I would probably just go to be an spectator and to get a Shiny Eeevee, that would be dope. :)

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    New Jersey for the win~

You need to EV Train and have Rain/TR/Hail/Garchomp counters. Garchomp is one of those pokemon that is a staple for a lot of teams that aren't orientated with Weather or TR. But I think many people will be running Rayquaza for Sky Lock, including me.

Back