• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HGSS had the best sprites of any game

Years
  • BW/2 introduced moving sprites, but poorly
    DPPT introduced 3D sprites (at least decent ones)
    HGSS refurbished 3D sprites, and made all cute pokemon look cuter, and tough pokemon tougher

I look in XY and in SS, and SS's sprites seem to show a more awesome art style over the 3D.
    Look at eevee now and then for example.
    It was an adorable fuzzball in HGSS, and its faded eyes/faded body looked hideous in XY.
    Flareon also looked cuter.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I have to say, I really did find the sprites of HGSS beautiful. I don't know how to describe it, but they did have a similar style to those of GSC in regards to the poses of the Pokemon themselves which I think is what brought back a lot of memories from playing GSC and has contributed to my liking of them. They're not the best sprites, but I do think they're pretty good. Of course, this is coming from someone who has no idea about creating sprites so my opinion is just that, an opinion haha.

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
    Years
  • I Agree in parts .. the 2D/3D from BW's was very interesting actually but the diamic was like pokemon stadium ...
    [pokemon] gor a critical hit! *hps goes down*
    [pokemon still junping happily]
    [pokemon] fainted!
    [now he get down] hhahaha
    But yeah HGSS was verya wesome.. I think it could come after BWs so it could get even better? idk :B

Back