• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] HGSS-sized Overworld Player Sprite

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2020
    Hewwo!
    I'm trying to use Ethan's sprite from HGSS as the player sprite in my game, but it's not working exactly.
    The sprite looks good in the menu screen, when looking at your save, but in-game its entirely invisible.
    The HGSS sprites are slightly larger than the default sprites of course, I assume that's part of the problem.

EDIT: To clarify my process, I used Aseprite to use the old sprite as a reference layer under the HGSS sprite, and moved the different frames of Ethan to roughly where the old player character was located.

~Cloud

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2020
    Omg. Okay, thanks for realigning it, but I just realized after I downloaded it that the issue was actually because I had an Aseprite file with the same name in the folder with the sprite, so RPG Maker was getting confuzzled.
    How did you figure out how to properly align him?

~Cloud.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    I used GIMP to align your sprites. Typically, Gen IV overworld sprites are 256 x 256 in RPGmakerXP format, so I had to expand the image size of your sprite sheet first.

Next, I used a reference sprite sheet (any pre-aligned Gen IV sprite sheet will do) and placed it on a layer below your sprites.

Then, I aligned your Gold/Ethan sprites to the aforementioned reference sprite sheet.

Lastly, I delete the layer containing the reference sprite sheet.

Back