• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hi all!

Days
    • they/them
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    Hello! I'm just a long time Pokemon fan wanting to get more into the community side of things. 😊 These days I mainly play romhacks and fangames, and I'm interested in Nuzlockes and making stories about my adventures as well.

Years
    Hello! I'm just a long time Pokemon fan wanting to get more into the community side of things. 😊 These days I mainly play romhacks and fangames, and I'm interested in Nuzlockes and making stories about my adventures as well.

Hello Mortisine, and welcome to the forums!
    It is great to see more new members who are long time fans of Pokémon join PokéCommunity!

You will find all about fan games and ROM hacks in the Fan Games section.
    Regarding nuzlockes, the Challenges section is the right place!
    To make stories about your adventures, the Travel Journals section is there for you!

How long have you been playing Pokémon ?

Days
    • they/them
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    (@Coolkid)

Thanks for the welcome! I've been bouncing between Infinite Fusion, Radical Red, Unbound, and Emerald Rogue.

Hello Mortisine, and welcome to the forums!
    It is great to see more new members who are long time fans of Pokémon join PokéCommunity!

How long have you been playing Pokémon ?

Thank you! I've been playing since the beginning - my first game was Red.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Hello there Mortisine, and welcome to the PC!

I merged your posts together because they were right after each other, but all you need to do to reply to multiple people at once is just click the 'Respond' button on all the posts you want to reply to at once.

Anyway, do you have a favorite Pokemon game?

Days
    • they/them
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    Hello there Mortisine, and welcome to the PC!

I merged your posts together because they were right after each other, but all you need to do to reply to multiple people at once is just click the 'Respond' button on all the posts you want to reply to at once.

Anyway, do you have a favorite Pokemon game?

Thank you, I didn't even realize I did that for some reason.

My favorite game...that's a tough one, honestly. But if I had to pick, I'd probably go with Fire Red - it's a double dose of nostalgia since I started with the original Red, and it's the base for some neat romhacks as well.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Thank you, I didn't even realize I did that for some reason.

My favorite game...that's a tough one, honestly. But if I had to pick, I'd probably go with Fire Red - it's a double dose of nostalgia since I started with the original Red, and it's the base for some neat romhacks as well.

Fire Red is one of the greats indeed. I especially like it for how fast it is to play through, gives a nice hit of Pokemon without a long story commitment.

How about a least favorite? That's a question I've never asked someone before actually.

Days
    • they/them
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    Fire Red is one of the greats indeed. I especially like it for how fast it is to play through, gives a nice hit of Pokemon without a long story commitment.

How about a least favorite? That's a question I've never asked someone before actually.

I agree, it's nice to just breeze through sometimes.

Least favorite would probably be Brilliant Diamond (and Shining Pearl by extension)...they were so disappointing and glitchy.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    I agree, it's nice to just breeze through sometimes.

Least favorite would probably be Brilliant Diamond (and Shining Pearl by extension)...they were so disappointing and glitchy.

I haven't had the chance to play all the way through the Gen 4 remakes yet, but it's interesting to hear they're glitchy. (looking forward to seeing that lol)
    My least favorite was Gen 7, S,M,USUM. (the whole group really)

Do you have a favorite Typing?

Days
    • they/them
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    I have started with Red too! My favourite game due to nostalgia, and having my top favourite Pokémon of all generations as starter helps! A starter which is Charizard. ^^
    What about your favourite starter ?

I'd say Rowlet, I have a bit of a weak spot for cute owls. 😅

I haven't had the chance to play all the way through the Gen 4 remakes yet, but it's interesting to hear they're glitchy. (looking forward to seeing that lol)
    My least favorite was Gen 7, S,M,USUM. (the whole group really)

Do you have a favorite Typing?

I think the worst of it has been patched out by now, but I could be wrong.

Hmm...I'd say it's a tossup between Dragon and Ghost.

Years
    I'd say Rowlet, I have a bit of a weak spot for cute owls.

Hmm...I'd say it's a tossup between Dragon and Ghost.

Rowlet's line is cool indeed!

Dragon and Ghost! Then you might like Giratina... and you might also like one of the starters in the Insurgence fan game!
    Spoiler:

Days
    • they/them
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    Rowlet's line is cool indeed!

Dragon and Ghost! Then you might like Giratina... and you might also like one of the starters in the Insurgence fan game!
    Spoiler:

Those look awesome! Now I have to try Insurgence! 😁

Hello!

Have you played any Pokemon spinoff games, such as for example the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games?

Yeah, I really enjoy PMD actually! I love dungeon crawlers so it's a perfect combo.

I haven't played all the side games, though - need to give Conquest a try one of these days...but I've tried Unite, Snap (the original only), and assorted other things.

Back