• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi guys, new here

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2009
    Just thought i would post a quick Hello. Its been years since i have played pokemon, i got myself a DSI on a couple of days ago as an early 21st birthday present (my birthday is on the 21st Dec) so i picked up Platinum. Turned out to be quite a difficult game to find, sold out nearly everywhere. Suppose its one of the best games you can buy on the DS.

Last games i played were Pokemon Gold/silver. Its very strange being around all these new pokemon, its not like how it use to be. With Red/blue & Gold and silver i knew the pokemon i knew their weakness and what they evolved into and everything else, here i am just overwhelmed and confused by everything. I am sure however i will pick it all up as i play, they are still as adorable as ever and still as addictive!

I am however worried that i have jumped on the bandwagon to late. You know how it is with games, the comminity is only buzzing over the game for the first couple of months after that no one really bothers about them. So i am cautious as to weather i can still enjoy that bustling community that Pokemon promotes. Trading/Chatting about pokemon and so forth. I am hoping to maybe even get into alot of the online aspects once my pokemon are leveled up and yes i do intend to "catch 'em all" which means trading!

Anyway, back to the point, again just wanted to say Hello and hopefully get some of the personal issues i have raised here cleared up. I look forward to taking part in this community (if there still is one) as much as possible, so have fun and thanks!

FilbertTheFox

.:Welcome to Reality:. (>o.O)>
    Years
  • Yes this community is active, but not as active when a new game is released.
    Pokemon Gold and Silver (GBC Games if you can remember) are being re-released in the US/Europe for spring next year so starting now would be ideal to start training up and catching up with all the new pokemon for the release.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • Yes this community is active, but not as active when a new game is released.
    Pokemon Gold and Silver (GBC Games if you can remember) are being re-released in the US/Europe for spring next year so starting now would be ideal to start training up and catching up with all the new pokemon for the release.

Yur only watching the games thread?

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
    Years
  • Hey, welcome. I don't think you're too late to enjoy all the new pokémon, however, i would recomend emulating or borrowing an emerald version, so you get to know all the other pokémon from Hoenn fist.

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
  • Welcome :) You're not at all late to find a place in the community and enjoy the game--it's still bustling and always active. I thought I might be late coming into it several months ago, but I was quite mistaken. The PC is a great place to interact with others who also enjoy playing Pokemon games, and I think you'll find that any of the game forums are quite active, regardless of when that particular version was released.

Back