• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hi guys

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2017
    Hi, you guys can call me myst I guess!

A little intro for myself..I was never a massive fan of gaming. Pokemon is probably the only game that I have been playing since small up to now I think..

Recently I played a fan-made Pokemon game, and it was so amazing that it triggered my interest to create one myself. I've done bits and pieces on some other games before, but those were never formal or large-scale in any sense.

So yeah - creating my own game at the moment. It's not easy because what triggered me to start was another game (which was itself brilliant), so I had to be really careful not to subconsciously copying ideas.

Can't wait to share a demo with you guys when it's done! For now, I hope to get along well here :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    Hey Myst!

You can call me Kate and I hope we get along :)

You're making your own game? That's awesome... I wish I had half your ability to do that XD

Ririchio-san

LoVe yOur EneMIeS. IT mAkES tHem So dAMneD mAd '.'
    Years
  • Nice to meet u.
    Yes, you will get along well here myst.
    the same goes for me, pokemon (nd i guess a bit DBZ nd Naruto) are the only games i'm familiar with
    nd i guess i use emulators specially for pokemon :)

I hope the game will turn out well so ALL THE BEST :)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Welcome to the forums!

I can't quite relate on the non-gaming part, since games actually have been a huge outlet for me throughout my entire life. But when I was younger, Pokemon was definitely the most prominent game, so there honestly wasn't much time for any of the others haha. Glad to see it's stuck around with you for all this time :D

You're definitely not alone in joining the forum for fan games haha. Game Development and ROM Hacking is definitely what has generated the most members for the forum. I've never really tangled myself up with Game Development, though I did join for ROM Hacking and spent my first year solely in that section, and I don't think it's too far off haha.

Good luck with your fan game though! I honestly don't think you should be afraid of copying ideas, as long as you credit the ones you got it from. Innovation is a good thing, but if it isn't utilized by others as well then I just don't see much point in it honestly, so if you think something from other fan games is worth copying, then I'd say contact the creator of whatever game it is and ask them about it :p

But yeahh, good luck and have fun on the forum! And do remember to check out other sections on the forum ;D (for example Pokemon Clubs ;))))) )

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2017
    Hey thanks for the warm welcome!

Kate, I'm new to making Pokemon games too.. but I guess if that's something you want to do then learn whatever you have to learn for it :P

Olli, I guess I was too afraid of making others unhappy.. but you made a strong point. I'll be taking in others ideas at some point anyway.. After all sharing is what a community is for, isn't it? :P

And thanks Ririchio, I hope it would turn out well too!

And yes, I'll def be dropping by other parts of the forum :)

Back