• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hi, newcomer here!

Years
  • Hello everyone! I'm a Pokemon fan since I was a little kid.
    I have a full time job as a software developer and I have modded some Gameboys and repaired some broken cartridges. Lately I've being interested in some Pokemon romhacks. I'm looking forward to learn how to make one myself.

I'll be reading you!

Years
  • Hello, Eleothen! Welcome to these forums!
    It's always great to meet other long time fans of Pokémon! Which pokémon was your favourite starter back then (and since ?) ?
    I wish you the best of luck with your romhack project!

Years
  • Thank you!! My first starter was Squirtle, from Pokemon Red, but I think my favourite of all gens is Torchic :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    That's so cool! What kind of Game Boy modding do you do? Like is it mostly aesthetics or do you get in there with the soldering iron and really push the tech to its limits? Would love to see some examples of your projects! Engineering, especially in the handheld gaming realm, feels so underutilized!

Anyway, welcome to the community! If you have any questions or concerns never hesitate to reach out! :)

Years
  • Hello and welcome!
    Good luck with your romhack project ^.^
    Do you already have any idea what you're gonna do for your own rom hack?

Back