• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hidden in the Grotto

lucariokul

Illusions surround me. Help...
Years
  • On the route with the magma stone, there is a very small chance of encountering in the grotto a DRAGONITE!!! It's like 5% or 1% I think, but it's still there if you are lucky enough! Keep searching! Those dragonites in the route are great for comp battling, multiscale is an awesome ability if you have Roost especially.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I think they were a cool idea and i would always get excited when i found one, but to this day i have to meet a Pokemon in them :( And most of the time i would only find mulches, which was disappointing

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    I love the grottoes, and in fact logged in here today for the first time in quite a while specifically because I had a great grotto story and nobody else can appreciate it.

I'm replaying White 2. I started with Tepig, just because I've used Oshawott too many times and I can't stand Snivy, but I didn't want to keep Tepig all the way through, mostly because I plan on picking up a Camerupt when I get the chance. But that meant I needed a Fighter. I didn't want Lucario just because it's too good and makes the game too easy, and I didn't want Scrafty for pretty much the same reason. I considered a Sawk, but it doesn't show up until too late in the game, and I just did a playthrough of Black with a Mienshao and didn't want another, so... I just wasn't sure what I was going to do. But I just went ahead and figured I'd sort it out along the way.

So I got to Route 4 and went ahead and caught a Scraggy, just in case (and a really good one at that), then beat Elesa's gym (with a Trapinch that I'm going to retire when I get a Camerupt). On my way out of town and Bianca shows me the Hidden Grotto on Route 5, and I went ahead and caught the Minccino, then I thought "Eh... what the hell," and went to the Hidden Grotto in Lostlorn Forest. There was a brief moment as I was walking into it when I thought, "You know... it would be really cool if..." and there it was, before I could even completely frame the thought - a Moxie Heracross, just sitting right there, waiting for me.

So I've got all the Fighter I might ever need now, and then some. It's still sort of the same problem as Lucario or Scrafty - Moxie Heracross is going to make the game pretty easy - but that's okay.

Back