• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Hidden Ties

What do you think of the storyline?

• Epic! One of the best I've seen!

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Great, it's looking pretty good!

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Mediocre, could definitely be better.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • An embarrassment to hackers everywhere.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
  • Well, that's all I can ask.
    Several people have said they don't really like the maps, but I haven't received many suggestions on how to improve them. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
    This project is still going, btw, just slowly, in conjunction with a college workload. Also, I completely underestimated the amount of work I threw on my shoulders by giving a team choice option. But just to reassure you all, I'm still chugging along here...
    If you need any help on tile inserting and mapping,I'd gladly be of assistance.

Years
  • It may be extra work, but that means the game will be that much better and we will be that much more willing to wait for it to be perfect. I watch a person on DA who does amazing maps. If you want I can send you a link to look at their style?

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2015
    This looks amazing wish you the best

Please dnt add fake pokemons .
    and the pokemons in the screenshots i hope you use that generation. Because idk the rest lol i just know the pokemons from fire red, silver, crystal , emerald i think those pokemons are the best.

But hey its your hack add whateva you want I'm going to still try it out lol

Goodluck

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Kanto-Johto are my personal favorites, plus Weavile. And my apologies, but I've already locked myself in to at least one Fakemon just so that the plot makes sense.
    @KaiVii, Sure, why not? I'm always open to learning from someone else, maybe it'll help. Thanks!
    @r0bert, I'm good on tiles for the moment, though I may be able to find some maps for you to do, if you really want to help. At this moment, I most need a spriter (trainer sprites) and, though it pains me to admit it, maybe another scripter. I'm working several in-depth scripts atm, and it'd go much faster if I had help in that arena.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    0.o
    That. Is. Awesome. Though all of his tiles are custom. Still, I may see a few techniques I can mimic. Thanks!
    Just for one more clarification, which maps in HT are my worst? I want to see if I can identify my specific problem.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
  • well,IMAO the treehouse at the beginning of the game.
    maybe you should use R/S/E tree secret base tiles.those could also be usefull for the entrance.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I've been catching up on homework over the last few days, and didn't check in until now. So treelove, I'm assuming this is the rival you battle in the forest? Were you still a girl before you saved? I'll be honest, this one is probably beyond me...
    And r0bert, is that the inside, the outside, or both? The entrance has been updated for next version with a really cool vine tile from Giradialkia, so the entrance should look a lot better next release.
    Newswise, I just finished a huge script... and found a flaw in another one. My main difficulty at this point is that I'm essentially embedding three different storylines into each major event script, so they take about three times as long to finish. Still rolling along.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2015
    Idk if this would go with the story line but u should add mew n mewtwo fighting against each other...
    lol idk why butit would be kool lile from the first movie they made or idk what movie was it...But its up to you:)

Years
  • Its been a while since I played the demo but I can play it again and try and pinpoint some maps for you?

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    mkc90
    Yeah, that wouldn't really fit the storyline, especially since I already have roles for Mew and Mewtwo, I think. Thanks though.
    KaiVii, I'd appreciate it if you would, though it may be more convenient to just do that next beta, when you'll at least have something new to look forward to. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    If you want, I can remap Battler's Route for you that I did for you (My mapping is much better now, and battler's route was pretty bad :3).

Anyways, the main problem I see with your mapping is that it's too messy. Another example is Aegis City, I can hardly tell the difference between it and Pewter City, except at the bottom. good luck, though!

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Hey all.
    The bad news is that my computer just had a multilayered blue screen crash. Several times. The good news is that I have all of the game files backed up on a thumb drive, so production will proceed as planned. Thanks for the advice and critique!

n0rul3s

Exploring Unova....
    Years
  • Hey!
    How`s the hack going?
    Got my NPC script ready?
    I want to see my script faster xD!
    Anyway,i want to know the % of the game so far.

Years
  • I found a bug, in the alpha if you heal at Chansey and look at you trainer card. i was the girl) you take control of chansey and she turns into the male sprite and you can't go anywhere.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I'll take a look at that. Thanks. There are one or two bugs like that; I'm not sure what causes them...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back