• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Hidesprite not working Please help!

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2022
    I am trying to add all available starters to a firered rom hack. However i'm new to this so decided to start of with just trying to get the 3 kanto starters to work. I know how to do this in theory and have made quite a bit of headway. However for the life of me I cannot get the hidesprite portion to work. I click on the ball, I get the pokemon, the pokeball vanishes then I move one step away and it reappears again. What am I missing? I have checked the personal sprite numbers and they match up with what I have put, I.e Bulbasaur is Personal sprite number 3.

FYI: The scripts for Squirtle and Charmander are identical to this one but the flags and pokedex numbers are obviously different.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    checkflag 0x201
    if 0x1 goto @chosen
    checkflag 0x202
    if 0x1 goto @chosen
    showpokepic 0x01 0xA 0x3
    pause 0x10
    msgbox @text1 0x5
    compare 0x800D 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @yes
    hidepokepic
    release
    end

#org @yes
    hidepokepic
    givepokemon 0x01 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
    hidesprite 0x3
    setflag 0x200
    setflag 0x828
    release
    end

#org @chosen
    msgbox @text2 0x6
    release
    end

#org @text2
    = It wouldn't be right to take more\nthan one.\pI will catch the others in the\nwild.

#org @text1
    = It's a Bulbasaur! Do I to want chose\nthis pokemon?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I am trying to add all available starters to a firered rom hack. However i'm new to this so decided to start of with just trying to get the 3 kanto starters to work. I know how to do this in theory and have made quite a bit of headway. However for the life of me I cannot get the hidesprite portion to work. I click on the ball, I get the pokemon, the pokeball vanishes then I move one step away and it reappears again. What am I missing? I have checked the personal sprite numbers and they match up with what I have put, I.e Bulbasaur is Personal sprite number 3.

FYI: The scripts for Squirtle and Charmander are identical to this one but the flags and pokedex numbers are obviously different.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    checkflag 0x201
    if 0x1 goto @chosen
    checkflag 0x202
    if 0x1 goto @chosen
    showpokepic 0x01 0xA 0x3
    pause 0x10
    msgbox @text1 0x5
    compare 0x800D 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @yes
    hidepokepic
    release
    end

#org @yes
    hidepokepic
    givepokemon 0x01 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
    hidesprite 0x3
    setflag 0x200
    setflag 0x828
    release
    end

#org @chosen
    msgbox @text2 0x6
    release
    end

#org @text2
    = It wouldn't be right to take more\nthan one.\pI will catch the others in the\nwild.

#org @text1
    = It's a Bulbasaur! Do I to want chose\nthis pokemon?

See: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9915945#post9915945

Back