• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

His Dark Materials, by Phillip Pullman

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    Has anyone here read these books? There are three of them, and they're wonderful books.

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
  • I have read them all the first time they came out. there are rumours that there is going to be a film although I'm not so sure.

Where you come from is the first one called 'Northern Lights' or 'The Golden Compass'. It was originally northern lights but it got changed when it was shipped of to America.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Yes, actually, I'm in the middle of reading the third book. They're awesome.

LelandLancaster

Sexy Cupcake
    Years
  • Ahh! I read all three YEARS ago and haven't heard about them since! They're really really cute books and the story's awesome. :D

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Whoo, I just finished the third book last night.

Is it just me, or does the end seem to imply that Lyra and Will had sex? Maybe I need to get out more, but it just sort of seems like it could be construed that way.

Years
  • I read these books ^^; I thought they were really good. I like the concepts in it. However, I haven't read them in awhile, and I only own the third book (I borrowed the first two from the library).

Allstories said:
    Whoo, I just finished the third book last night.

Is it just me, or does the end seem to imply that Lyra and Will had sex? Maybe I need to get out more, but it just sort of seems like it could be construed that way.

...it didn't seem so to me o_O But then again, I haven't read them in awhile ^^;;
    I might have to look into that.
    although, I did appreciate that in the end, they decided to help others instead of being together ^^;.

Digital Mage said:
    I have read them all the first time they came out. there are rumours that there is going to be a film although I'm not so sure.

I heard that too, in a magazine. If they go though with it, it will be interesting to watch. ^^;

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Yeah, there's supposed to be a movie set to be released in 2007. I don't think they currently have a director, last I heard, because people keep joining the project and quitting. I'd be interested to see how they tackle this movie, though, since they'd probably have to resort to cutting out some of the important themes in the movie to prevent it from sparking religious controversy.

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
  • If it became a movie some people will love it & some people will hate it because it's not what they imagined to be.

Like how to portray certain things like the demons.

I'll ask again is it called the Golden Compass or Northern Lights where you are?

Back