• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hmm...interesting

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    The age group for Pokemon in Japan is targeted at 11-adults? Wow I guess I've been watching way too much of the dub since I thought it included kids. I just got the chance to see a few of the openings and I must say they don't sound really good. The US openings actually sound better.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    This is the problem with dubbing group 4Kids - they look at an anime series and think 'oh, it's a cartoon, so it must be for kids', so they change a lot of things to make it aimed at a younger audience for Americans, so what most people have watched are watered down versions of the original episodes, specifically made to appeal to a younger audience, where as the originals were aimed at a more general market.

If they didn't make the anime dub so stupid and boring, I might actually be interested enough to watch it. But then, it's not aimed at my age range, which sucks, because when I first started watching Pokemon, there were a lot of facts that I picked up that weren't in the Pokedex, but made a lot of sense. Nowadays, I can't stand to watch it because it's been dumbed down so much.

Just my coupla coins

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    The Japanese themes are better.

And the stupid dubbers change the whole plot. Yknow they changed the forth movie around so much it's not even funny. Pokemon might still be big today if it were aimed at older kids.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    US always dubs cartoons to a lower age=.=

That's totally irritating! Pokemon is meant to be for teens! Not babies!

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    For one, Brock is WAAAAAAAY more pimpish in the Japanese version. Also, the Japanese version has so many more culture references in the Anime. Also, there are about 20-something episodes they cut out of the US version, dealing with the other Trainers.

Bottom line, not so much plot changes, just... editing it to death...

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    Oh...So if I were to watch raw episodes where can I find good episode guides?

GOD.

life is great
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2005
    at serebi's pokemon page, its great there, chack it out but yea the japs got the better version of pokemon, its much more mature but 4kids is....well, for kids

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    Do any of you have some raw or subbed episodes and wouldn't mind sending them to me?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    There are some that were banned in Japan, but there are various websites that have them downloadable. You might even find the legendary episode about Porygon out there... (You know, the seizure one...)

Note: These websites as well as myself are not responsible if any physical harm comes to your body from watching these banned episodes.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    lol i wacthed it it only causes seisures to people who cant handle bright flashing colours

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    So do you guys know where I can get subbed or raw episodes? Please don't refer me to IRC because I can't DCC send for some very unknown and stupid reason...Or if you guys are willing to send them to me over AIM or something that would be great.

Back