• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    in fr, i was training to beat misty
    and i encountered a shiny oddish! my first legit shiny ever!!!
    but sadly i realize that i dont have pokeballs at all!
    so i never got a chance to catch it :[[[[[[

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I just restarted Emerald again

Team

Treeko(Sleek)-lvl 13
    Poochyena-lvl 9
    Ninicada-lvl 7

Not sure If I should do a solo run or with just these three anyway does anyone know where is the name rater so I can nickname My pokes ?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2009
    Ok my story :P

On Emerald,I just keep choosing torchic as partner....I just discover some secrets that some gamers dont know like getting the secret master ball on victory road(near waterfall then use dive)
    On FireRed,I choose charmander,I really like fire type...but not all of them...My team was electabuzz,charizard,gyarados and gengar(trading using VBA) and some back ups....there were great and Gary is more weaker here than the generation 1 games...

I play emerald because pokemons have some action before battle not just like Ruby and sapphire...
    and I play FireRed because Charizard features.(ROFL!)...:P

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Just beat 2nd gym on my new emerald playthrough my team:

Marshtomp lv 25

currently looking for a 2nd team member

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • I restarted my Emerald, the day before yesterday.

My Pokemon team consist of Aron, Sableye, and Grovyle.

I'm gonna try to challenge Wattson but first, I'm gonna challenge the trainers around Mauville City.

Rassalon

Epic One
    Years
  • I have never found a shiney pokemon in these game it is so anoying!

N.B
    I have had the shiney gyarydos in pokemon gold but i soudn't mention that here...

Celph Titled

iBattle
    Years
  • my first time beating emerald and i ran with 3 lv.45 endevor Swellows (always at half HP), lv.52 Absol, lv. 51 Manectric and a lv.63 Swampert to beat the E4. not to mention a ton of revives and hyper potions, LOL.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • I just received my Hitmonlee from the Fighting Dojo. I saved the game before I checked its nature.

Modest.

I have a Modest Hitmonlee.

ARRGH.

Well... it could be worse, I guess. It could be...

...uh...

Never mind. I repeat: ARRGH.

MarOox

MarOox?
    Years
  • Yesterday i started over with FireRed.
    -------------------------------------------
    Got Charmander from Prof. Oak.
    Grinded it to lvl.10
    Delivered the Parcel for Oak
    Acquired the Pokédex and 5 Pokéballs
    Traveled through Viridian City on my way to the Viridian Forest.
    Beated all trainers at the Viridian Forest.
    Walked to Pewter City
    Beated the trainer in Brock's gym.
    Took on Brock, but failed at lvl.13
    Grinded Charmander to lvl.16->Charmeleon.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now: Searching for a Pikachu in the Viridian Forest and grinding for my battle with Brock

Years
  • I recently defeated the E4 in LeafGreen...I thought I was horribly underleveled and would be sent home packing to train some more, but apparently they're weaker than I remembered...the only one of them that gave me any trouble was Lance with his last Dragonite. I swear all of the E4's Pokémon must have Focus Bands, because I would hit them with super-effective attacks that would drop them to the realm of near death. :-/ I hit Dragonite with my Lapras's Ice Beam and it somehow survived, then hit a critical hit and killed Lapras. It proceeded to mow down the rest of my team (with the help of a couple of full restores), but Charizard ended up coming to the rescue and defeated the beast. I only had him and Ninetails left.

After that, I realized that I had 88 Pokémon in my Pokédex, but not a single Magikarp. I captured one outside of Fuchsia and proceeded to Exp. Share it up to Gyarados. Also spent a while looking for Cubone (caught a Haunter in the meantime)...found one, started to weaken it, and then Gyarados killed it with a critical hit. >:-{ Fortunately the next Pokémon I found was also a Cubone and I caught it this time. 92 Pokémon in the Pokédex, and most of the other Kanto ones will just have to be evolved from Pokémon I already have.

I am not looking forward to the search for Chansey, Kangaskhan, and Tauros. Ugh! Also need to get a LOT of money so I can get Porygon at the Game Corner; I'll catch Magmar on one of the islands, and then Mewtwo will be the last one I can catch in the wild that I won't be able to evolve from something I already have.

In Emerald, I retook the route from Fortree to Lilycove...I'd done it before, but I didn't battle most of the trainers because I just wanted to get to the contest hall to evolve Feebas. One Milotic and gym badge stronger, and I took the route to wrap up my unfinished business. Entered the Safari Zone and got incredibly lucky...I caught a Pikachu, a Natu, a Girafarig, a Wobbuffet, a Doduo, a Psyduck, a Gloom, a Rhyhorn, and a Pinser with a lot of time to spare...after catching Pinser I really didn't have much to do in there, so I just wandered around until time ran out. Then I got to Lilycove and destroyed May, and that's where I left off.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Ok, wow, so I just went into Shoal Cave to catch a Snorunt so that I can breed one with Shadow Ball and the first Pokemon I ran into was a Shiny Zubat. This is the first random encounter shiny that I've ever seen and Pink Crobat is one of my favourite Pokemon. I caught it with my first Ultra Ball and nicknamed it Sapphire, after a Crobat from my previous game who was lost in a storm back in 2005.

I AM SO FRICKEN HAPPY!

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2009
    WOW! After picking up where I left off LAST YEAR with Pokémon Sapphire, today i've caught:
    Regirock
    Regice
    AND on my way to Registeel, of all the Pokémon to pop up! LATIAS!
    Quite a day!
    Working on Registeel now, being a bit of a bugger, down to 1HP AND asleep, but still not being able to catch him.
    Oh well, I HAVE LATIAS! :D

Quackyla

I like penguins and so do you!
    Years
  • Well in emerald I've been training my pokemon

Mightyena:lv.22
    tackle
    roar
    odor sleuth
    bite

Sableye: lv.22
    astonish
    fake out
    cut
    night shade

Mr.Quacks/Sceptile:lv.36
    leaf blade
    mimic
    asorb
    quick attack

Dustox: lv.20
    protect
    dush
    moonlight
    confusion

Gulpin: lv.20
    rock smash
    yawn
    amnesia
    sludge

and the egg I got from the hot springs!;)

I'm trying to beat the 4th gym but my sableye is poisened so see ya next time!

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • On emerald on my Swampert playthrough I on my way to the 4th gym, hope to beat the E4 by sunday-monday so that I can clone Masterballs mm items to palpark with some good pokes to my diamond, then move to platinum when it comes out in 8 days.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    After buying a used FireRed and transferring everything worthwhile to Diamond, I decided to start over and do some things differently than usual. So it'll be fun to keep a record of my progress...

I started my adventure as the male character, named for myself, and with a rival called Green. I normally choose Bulbasaur in Kanto, so this time I decided to go for a change and pick Charmander instead. I named Charmander Greedo (for the most part I'm only nicknaming permanent team members, though any I'm fond of might earn one later anyway), and our first fight against Green's Squirtle was a cinch- no healing needed. The rest of the game proceeded normally as planned, and I soon caught a Mankey, Weedle, Pidgey, Rattata, and Spearow. Weedle evolved quickly, and I headed west of Viridian to challenge my rival once again. Mankey brought down his Pidgey but fell to Squirtle, who Kakuna surprisingly managed to defeat. We then headed north to the Viridian Forest.

The forest was simple and easy, but a little tedious, and nothing of much note happened besides some leveling. We emerged from the forest and headed to Pewter, where I made a beeline to the gym and challenged the junior trainer there. Though I won, I decided to train some more anyway, and returned to face Brock with several monsters in the 10-12ish range, and Kakuna had finally evolved into Beedrill when I trained it outside Pewter before facing him.

The battle against Brock was straightforward- Mankey used Karate Chop, taking off about 2/3 of Geodude's HP. It used Defense Curl, Mankey used Karate Chop again (and got an unneeded critical). Onix was faster and got in two tackles, but Low Kick and Karate Chop allowed Mankey to sweep Brock's team for the win and badge.

I decided to box Pidgey and Rattata, who I hadn't bothered to raise much anyway, and to keep company with a Caterpie I had caught earlier. Heading along Route 3, we fought several trainers, and Spearow, who had been lagging a bit, began to catch up. Greedo also learned Metal Claw. We caught a female Jigglypuff who put Beedrill to sleep, but not before being poisoned (and fainting soon after I caught it), and the highlight of the route, a male Nidoran whom I dubbed Julius. Julius showed that he was more than capable of pulling his weight even at a low level, and is currently beginning to catch up. I saved my progress for the day at the center at the base of Mt. Moon...

Current Team
    *Greedo (Charmander, lvl 13, Bold)
    -Scratch, Growl, Ember, Metal Claw
    *Julius (Nidoran M, lvl 9, Lax)
    -Peck, Leer, Focus Energy
    *Beedrill (lvl 11, Docile)
    -Poison Sting, String Shot, Harden, Fury Attack
    *Mankey (lvl 12, Hardy)
    -Scratch, Leer, Low Kick, Karate Chop
    *Spearow (lvl 12, Calm)
    -Peck, Growl, Leer
    *Jigglypuff (lvl 5, Brave)
    -Sing, Defense Curl

All are male except Jigglypuff, who is female.
    Current Progress
    Badges: 1
    Dex: 11

Jigglypuff probably won't be staying with us for long, since I've planned out my final team and the next member will be coming up in a little while, but the others will almost certainly be with us for some time to come. Greedo and Julius, naturally, are here to stay.

I'll post again after I get to Cerulean City or so.

Last edited:

MarOox

MarOox?
    Years
  • Restarted Emerald today.

-Picked: I liek Mudkipz.
    -Watched Wally Catching his first pokémon: Ralts.
    -Catched a Zigzagoon
    -Trained Mudkip to lvl. 15
    -Catched a Taillow
    -Walked Through Petalburg Woods.
    -Trained Taillow to lvl. 15
    -Kicked Roxanne's ass with Mudkip
    -Got the Stone Badge
    -After the Gym Battle, mudkip evolved to Marshtomp and learned Mud Shot
    -Got the Devon Goods back and saved Peeko.
    -Obtained the PokéNav(igator)
    -Registred May,Mr. Devon and Dad in my PokéNav
    -Set sail to Dewford Town
    -Got an Old Rod from the fish-guy
    -Kicked Brawly's ass with taillow.
    -Got the Knuckle Badge
    -Obtained the Silk Scarf from that guy.
    -Now on my way to deliver the letter to steven and catch a Makuhita.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
  • Recent news in Emerald:

-I finally finished training my 60 or so Pokemon, so I rewarded myself by battling Liza and Tate with the following team:

Amazon (Sharpedo, F, level 40, Surf, Crunch, Taunt, Dive)
    Moby Dick (Wailord, M, level 41, Water Pulse, Water Spout, Rollout, Mist)
    Sirius (Absol, M, level 41, Bite, Future Sight, Slash, Razor Wind
    Samara (Dusclops, F, level 41, Shadow Punch, Curse, Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray)
    Artemis (Mightyena, F, level 42, Shadow Ball, Sand-Attack, Bite, Swagger)
    Gollum (Sableye, M, level 41, Shadow Ball, Faint Attack, Confuse Ray, Detect)

The battle was a bit harder than I expected, especially since I expected them to use Solrock and Lunatone first, and instead got Xatu and Kadabra. The Pokemon I had first were Amazon and Moby Dick... Well, thanks to Amazon's Crunch, Kadabra went down in no time. Then Liza or Tate (arrgh, I still can't tell them apart) sent out Lunatone. Moby Dick's Water Spout didn't do as much damage to it as I would have liked, though. Then my Wailord fainted and I sent out Sirius, who KO'd Xatu with Bite. The twins sent out Solrock. And that's where it got hard. Solrock and Lunatone were faster than most of my Pokemon, and after using Sunny Day, Solrock had an easy time KOing my Pokemon with Flamethrower--even Amazon, who soon fainted. Sadly, Sirius also had low defenses, thus he fainted as well. The other problem area was Lunatone using Hypnosis to put my Pokemon to sleep--it especially picked on Sirius, who was asleep almost all the time. After that I sent out Samara and Gollum. Samara was barely able to use Curse on Lunatone before fainting, so I had to send out my last Pokemon, Artemis. From that point on my Pokemon focused on Solrock, knowing that Lunatone would eventually faint from the Curse (even after the twins used a Hyper Potion on it). Artemis helped out by using Swagger on Lunatone, while Gollum assaulted Solrock with Shadow Balls and Faint Attacks. However, after Artemis used Swagger, Lunatone put her to sleep. Fortunately, a couple of turns later it fainted from the curse, so only Solrock was left. Solrock was close to KOing the sleeping Mightyena when Gollum finally Shadow Balled it to death. That Sableye was really a huge help in this battle. He really did prove his worth.

After that, I headed into the Space Centre in Mossdeep City, casting aside every Magma Grunt in my path. I finally made it to the admins, and entered a double battle alongside Steven. Cumulus, my Altaria, went first in the battle, but it was Gollum who fought the longest and landed the last hit. (Those were the only two Pokemon I used in the battle.) I'm starting to like this Sableye. Perhaps I'll use him in my battle against the Elite Four...

Of course, after that battle, I got the HM for Dive. So I headed into Sootopolis for the first time, and caught three Pokemon underwater. One was a male Chinchou--I named him Lumiere. Another was a male Clamperl--I named him Aqualad. (He's going to become a Gorebyss sometime soon.) The third was a female Relicanth--I named her Granny. XD

Then I proceeded to catch the Regi's... and so far I have two of three. Regirock was a pain to catch. I tried getting its HP down to one then paralysing it, but then I threw over 20 Ultra Balls before Regirock wiped out my team. I restarted and tried this again twice, with similar results. Then I tried putting it to sleep instead, but that still didn't work. Then I went in with Samara (the Dusclops from before), because she knew both Confuse Ray and Will-O-Wisp, and was immune to Superpower and had high defenses. (My Ninetales also knows those attacks, but he's at a type disadvantage.) I entered this routine where she first confused, then burned Regirock, then threw a Shadow Punch. In the turns after that, I threw Ultra Balls. If Regirock snapped out of confusion and still had HP left, Samara used Confuse Ray again. Then I threw Ultra Balls until Regirock fainted, upon which I restarted the game. I did this about twenty times, until one try where the first Ultra Ball caught it. Regirock had about half HP at the time. Whew...

Regice surprised me. My Medicham used Hi Jump Kick and got its HP into the red zone. Then I switched to my own Lunatone, who put Regice to sleep with Hypnosis. Then I threw an Ultra Ball... and it worked! First attempt, first ball. I think that made up for time wasted on catching Regirock.

Then I tried Registeel. I tried getting its HP low ad paralysing it, getting its HP low and putting it to sleep, Samara's method a couple of times... and by that time I was getting tired, so I decided to call it a day. I'll try again next time.

MarOox

MarOox?
    Years
  • Lot's of stuff happened.
    -Delivered Letter to Steven & obtained TM Steel Wing
    -Got the EXP Share.
    -Sailed to Slateport City
    -Delivered Devon Goods to Cpt. Stern
    -Defeated ppl at the Battletent.
    -Walked to Mauville City
    -Defeated Wally
    -Defeated Wattson
    -Got Dynamo Badge
    -Beated Team Aqua/Magma at Jagged Pass/Meteor Falls
    -Beated Flannery
    -Got Flame? badge
    -Got Egg
    -Beated Gymleader Norman(Dad)
    -Got Surf
    -Walked to Rustburo City, and obtained an wallpaper.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Well, it's been a long time since my last post. I meant to, but... and now I'm actually at Cinnabar. But here's my journey since last time.

We ventured into Mt. Moon and slowly but surely made our way through. Julius continued to pull his weight, and Beedrill, Mankey, and Spearow all contributed. Greedo, for the most part, didn't participated much, but Jigglypuff surprisingly had some excellent combat experiences, most of all singlehandedly beating the Super Nerd's Grimer even at four levels behind. I had to stop and heal a few times, but I pulled through easily and chose the Dome Fossil.

Upon leaving the cave, where I had caught Zubat, Geodude, and Paras, but sadly no Clefairy, we headed eastward to Cerulean. I decided to try my luck at the Gym, and won against the two underlings within, but only barely. Beedrill was lucky enough to beat the second one's Goldeen while several levels behind and starting with only half health, but was at only one HP left when it was said and done... so I went to train.

Heading into the grass near town, I let Greedo get back to training, and soon he evolved into Charmeleon! I decided that my team was ready to try the rival fight, so we made a beeline (ouch, bad Beedrill pun) for the bridge and engaged Green in battle. Greedo made short work of his Pidgeotto, and a combined Beedrill-Mankey assault finished off his Squirtle (Mankey did most of the work). Beedrill had easy pickings against Abra and Julius finished the match by defeating Green's Rattata. After the battle, Julius also evolved into Nidorino! With that taken care of, I headed to Bill's place after sadly boxing Jigglypuf and Spearow, who were behind and sort of weak anyway, though they had earned their rest. We helped out Bill and trained Beedrill quite a bit so he could get Twineedle. Before challenging Misty, I went and fought the Rocket who stole the Dig TM, and caught a Meowth whom I nicknamed Hobbes, our third permanent team member. We also caught a female Oddish that should be useful for HMs.

I prepared for battle with Misty... and had my easiest ever fight with her. Two Twineedles from Beedrill for both her monsters, and it was done. So we headed south, raised Hobbes some, got a couple of key items in Vermilion, captured a Diglett in Diglett's Cave, and ended for the day at Vermilion's center.

Current Team
    *Greedo (Charmeleon, lvl 19, Bold)
    -Scratch, Growl, Ember, Metal Claw
    *Julius (Nidorino, lvl 18, Lax)
    -Peck, Poison Sting, Focus Energy, Double Kick
    *Hobbes (Meowth, lvl 18, Gentle)
    -Scratch, Growl, Bite, Pay Day
    *Beedrill (lvl 21, Docile)
    -Poison Sting, Twineedle, Focus Energy, Fury Attack
    *Mankey (lvl 17, Hardy)
    -Fury Swipes, Leer, Low Kick, Karate Chop
    *Oddish (lvl 15, Naive)
    -Absorb, Sweet Scent, Poisonpowder
    (all are male except Oddish who is female)

Current Progress
    Dex: 20
    Badges: 2

Years
  • I've been training Pokémon in LeafGreen to get them to evolve in order to expand the Pokédex. In the past few weeks or so (I haven't been playing it too much recently) I leveled up and evolved Krabby, Meowth, Ponyta, Tentacool, Mankey, Koffing, and Omanyte (from level 5 to level 40 X_X). The Pokédex is up to 104 now, and I'm working on leveling up Rhyhorn to level 42 and Horsea to level 32...after I level those two up, the only Pokémon left to level up for evolution will be Grimer. I have 9 Pokémon that can be leveled up by elemental stones, and only 6 that I can get from a method other than trading or evolving. 3 of those (Chansey, Tauros, Kangaskhan) can only be caught in the Safari Zone X_X, while Magmar should pose little difficulty and Porygon is just a matter of gathering enough money for coins (I've been steadily doing that with the Amulet Coin as I train my other Pokémon). Then Mewtwo will be the only one left and, well, I'll have to hope that my little bro found his GBA/trading link cable so he can trade me the rest before I get bored and start a new game.

I last saved in Emerald in Pacifidlog Town, so I took the current routes numerous times to battle all the opponents and find all the items. After that I headed down to the Seafloor Cavern to destroy Team Aqua (and catch a Zubat and a Golbat, which apparently I didn't have before) and watch them awaken Kyogre. I got Rayquaza to calm down Kyogre and Groudon, and then, after receiving Waterfall, I taught it to Milotic and entered a few Tough contests. I got to Master-rank easily, then had to try that one three times before I finally won (the last time, in the last round, I went first, and the Pokémon behind me used a move that unnerved the other two, preventing them from moving). Milotic has now won both the Beauty and the Tough Master-rank contests, and now that that's over, I can get rid of Rain Dance so that it's not completely walled off by opposing Water-types (which might be important considering both the next gym and the Champion are Water-type trainers). I was thinking Toxic, but a more direct-damaging move might be good, too...gotta figure that one out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back