• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn League Discussion (May contain spoilers)

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Satoshi now has his badges in Japan.

How do you think he will do in the League?

Do you think he will make a friend and then be beat by them like in Kanto and Johto?

I think he will do very well and maybe win. However I am not positive on anything. I mean we never know what is really going to happen.

I think he may not be beat by a friend again only for one reason. Hoenn has been different than the other regions. The only thing that comes to mind to back this up is the fact that he did not get all the starters like he did in Johto and Kanto.

Let's discuss.

~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~

Ribbon Mint Echo!
    Years
    How will he do in the league?

Let's find out. With a never-evolving Pikachu, a Grovyle, a Swellow, a not-evolved-yet Corphish, and a newly-caught Snorunt, I suppose he will do just fine...

I think that Snorunt should evolve into Glalie. That would make things a lot easier for Ash when he fights Drake.

It gets me thinking, that because Ardan is the Sootopolis gymleader just like in Emerald, should Wallace be the champion?

Porygon

Banned
    Years
    Mwar, Ash's Snorunt did evolve. I saw it in some other thread.

BUT? if the Hoenn league's battle lineups are anything like the Silver Conference's, as in the 6-on-6 battles, Ash'll need more Pok?mon. 'Cause if he doesn't at least bring a few of his old Pok?mon over, and he's shoved into 6-on-6 battles, using the same team over and over is going to be his downfall 'cause they'll get really tired, mwar.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    This is a translation done from the latest ep in Japan

Murgatroyd said:
    Transcription of the key portion of the Ash-Oak call:

Oak: Which pokemon are you going to use in the tournament? All the pokemon you've left with me are in top shape. I can send them at any time.
    Ash: That won't be necessary.
    Oak: Oh?
    Ash: When I came to Houen, I brought only Pikachu with me, because I wanted to try a fresh start.
    Oak: Oh yeah, that's right...
    Ash: Then, working hard with the pokemon I caught here, we got all eight badges. I'd love to let Charizard and the others fight now, after so long, but Grovyle and the rest of my team are ready and willing to battle. So for this tournament, I want to fight with just Grovyle and the rest of my current team.
    Oak: I see. That's good determination. It's true that you'd have an advantage by battling using pokemon that are rare in Houen. But you'd rather have even battles without resorting to that sort of strategy, right?
    Ash: Right.
    Oak: Then I won't say anything more. Just use all the power you have, and battle to the best of your ability.

Ash you can see he will only be using his Hoenn Pokemon

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    How do you think he will do in the League?

I think he will come runner up atleast but I am not sure, he should do pretty well with Pikachu, Grovyle, Glalie, Swellow and Corphish. Although I would like him to use his others, but I don't mind him using them six.

Do you think he will make a friend and then be beat by them like in Kanto and Johto?

Hmm, I hope that doesn't happen again, cus then it will just be repeating again, I hope he makes a friend and beats them, because of all the hardwork he put in XD.

Hmm no Ash in the Diamond/Pearl series if there is gonna be one, that ain't gonna happen, cus like it has been said. No Ash, no Show, he makes the show what it is XD.

Pokemon_Veteran

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Yes. He does not have to leave the show just because he wins the Hoenn League.
    I think he will get at least top 4. I cant wait to see how he really does.

Guys add questions if you want this thread is to talk about anything to do with the Hoenn League finals

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Yes you can add questions anything to keep the discussion alive.

If he gets first I will be so happy for him =3

Stacee

MY EMERALD!
    Years

^He was the Gym Leader of Sootopolis in Ruby and Sapphire until the creators decided to change it to Adan in Emerald. He replaces Steven:

As champion in the league.

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    Unfortunately, I don't think Ash will be facing either Steven or Wallace, because he's NEVER fought an in-game Champion before (Drake of the Orange League doesn't count because the Orange League never existed in the games), since he always battles in the League tournament instead against random trainers. And I think the anime writers have decided to erase Mikuri-sama (Mikuri = Wallace) off the face of the animeverse. Which is just...GRRR...*pisses off*

Phoenix Riley

Going 1000 Posts!
    Years
    Yeah i hope ash would win but i don think he will as that would be completing his dream and there would be no more pokemon

i hope he batles like brocks bro or something this is now gonna bum may out poor girl

Typical XD

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    If he wins that does not mean it needs to end after all to be a Master, don't you think you need to win all the leagues? I dont think it would mean an end. XD

Back